3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2015 5:04 PM by super93

Video clip only shows partial of waveform

super93

Hello,

So, I'm working in the latest version of Ae (just updated yesterday) and I'm animating text to a video clip of someone talking. I get about half way through the clip and no audio. I initially thought there was a problem with the source so I check that (.mp4) and everything works fine. Next, I check that I didn't accidentally turn off the audio on the layer or the preview area. Check. I clear all the caches and still no audio. If I twirl down the video clip in the layers, it shows half the waveform (just cuts off about half way through). I import a few more clips and they all do the same thing (audio cuts off halfway through the video). After about an hour or so of trying to figure it out, I pull out a windows machine that has a previous version of Ae and everything works fine.

Should note that the machine the audio is not working on is an iMac and the audio and video play perfectly fine right up until the waveform disappears. Really frustrating.

Everything is fine on the windows machine although I'd rather work off the mac since the audio sounds a lot cleaner and I'm able to match the text closer when scrubbing with cmd key. That said, am I missing something? Could this be because of the recent update?

Any help is appreciated.

Jason

• 1. Re: Video clip only shows partial of waveform
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There are two different types of waveform displays available now. The old-style is available through the timeline option menu. Find it by looking for the three parallel lines in the timeline tab.

If only part of the waveform is showing in the timeline try purging your cash.

• 2. Re: Video clip only shows partial of waveform
            super93 Level 1

Thanks for the quick reply. I went in and cleared out all memory and disk cache. Also went in to preferences and emptied disk cache and cleaned database & cache and the waveform still cuts off about 1:45 into the video.

I am able to bring in other clips and the waveform shows up.

The videos I'm working with are:

h.264, AAC

1080p

.mp4

2 audio channels

They range in length from 45 sec. to ~5 min.

There are 5 clips in all and they all do the same thing, cutting off about half way through the video.

On my mac I'm running 10.10.5 with 8gb of RAM.

Jason

• 3. Re: Video clip only shows partial of waveform
              super93 Level 1

Also, when I bring them into Premiere the same thing happens. The audio cuts out in the same spot. I went through and pulled up the original clips again in Quicktime and all the audio is there and plays through w/o any problems. It's only when I import it into premiere or Ae.