2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2015 4:16 PM by lorik53345953

Lightroom not importing files

lorik53345953

Help!  Lightroom is not importing pictures from Canon 50D.  Brings up thumbnails, click import and it just sits.  After canceling attempted import, says it can't read JPEGS.  I've upgraded to Lightroom 6.3 in an attempt to fix any bugs but no changes.  Aperture loads pictures no problem.  I'm using Mac OS X El Capitan with latest upgrade.  Any help appreciated.  Lori

• 1. Re: Lightroom not importing files
          Mrinmay Majhi Adobe Employee

Hi lorik,

It seems you do not have appropriate permissions.

Could you please changing the destination location?

Also, could you please check and confirm if you have any videos in that folder?

You may also try to import after transferring the files on the computer directly.

Let me know if this helps.

~Mrinmay

• 2. Re: Lightroom not importing files
            lorik53345953 Level 1

I should have permission.  I purchased Lightroom 5.5 awhile ago and just bought upgrade to 6.0 2 days ago.  the serial numbers are on file at adobe.com.  I don't know how to change destination location.  There are no videos.  Canon 50D does not have video capabilities.  My Mac laptop has 2 hard drives in it.  One that is supposed to hold all of the pictures.  The other hard drive controls the operating systems.  Do you think Lightroom 6.3 is loaded in the wrong location?