12 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2015 8:32 AM by uchan0355

Aktivierung von InDesign CS6 an meinem PC

uchan0355

Es besteht eine Internet-Verbindung. Ich versuche seit Tagen zuvor und seit Tagen seit der Testinstallation, dies Produkt InDesign CS6 zu aktivieren. Am 15.12. bereits mit Christoph, http://helpx.adobe.com/de/contact.html, versucht das Problem zu lösen. Ohne Erfolg.

• 1. Re: Aktivierung von InDesign CS6 an meinem PC
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

What is your OS? Is this a perpetual license, or a Cloud subscription?

What have you tied so far?

• 2. Re: Aktivierung von InDesign CS6 an meinem PC
            uchan0355 Level 1

The OS is Win7, on Parallels Desktop 10 on MAC. It is never a cloud subscription but a local installed version.
            It has been running over the year. I activated the license on a desktop A in the office, then on my MAC/Win7, then on desktop B for another employee, before deactivating on my MAC/Win7.
            And since beginning December I have deactivated it on other PCs and tried to activate it on my MAC/Win7 again, which failed. Lets say, not failed, it always wants to register this app, and then failed to connect to Adobe. It is already registered of course. I just need to activate it. Then, last wek I installed the package new on my MAC/Win7 and since then it tells me the remaining days left, and I need to register, but can't.

Uwe

• 3. Re: Aktivierung von InDesign CS6 an meinem PC

Before we go further, I'm going to point out that unless you purchased a volume license you have been violating the terms of the license which allows installation and activation on two computers for use non-simultaneous by only one user.

This violation, in and of itself, would not cause an activation problem, however, and the only possibility I can think of is that you have too many activations in too short a period of time. We can't help with that here. Activation issues can only be fixed by contacting customer service.

• 4. Re: Aktivierung von InDesign CS6 an meinem PC
                uchan0355 Level 1

As written, we have always toggled between those three PCs, and never used it simultaniously.

And on 15.12. I had a long conversation with customer service, Christoph. Without success.

Serial Number has been confirmed on 18.12.Adobe_InDesign_Seriennummer_confirmed.png

Then I should login [Jetzt anmelden]

Then, after several minutes of hanging out in the Web

Adobe_InDesign_Stellen_Sie_Verbindung_Internet_her2.png

Please connect with the internet...you are offline or your time isn't matching.

All is absolutely nonsens

• 5. Re: Aktivierung von InDesign CS6 an meinem PC
                  Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

Is the internal time clock of the hardware not working properly?
                  Ist die Pufferbatterie in Ordnung?

• 6. Re: Aktivierung von InDesign CS6 an meinem PC

"I activated the license on a desktop A in the office, then on my MAC/Win7, then on desktop B for another employee" (emphasis added). It's the other employee that is the violation. You need two licenses (or a multi-seat license) if you and another employee are both using the software.

• 7. Re: Aktivierung von InDesign CS6 an meinem PC
                      uchan0355 Level 1

As written "time isn't matching" All is absolutely nonsens. Of course the internal clock is correct.

Licenses can be transfered between hardwares, by deactivating and activating. Please refer to Adobes manuals, menus and features.

• 8. Re: Aktivierung von InDesign CS6 an meinem PC

hardware, yes, for the same user. Not for a second user.

From the CS6 EULA:

Portable or Home Computer Use. Subject to the restrictions set forth in Section 2.1.4, the primary user of the Computer on which the Software is installed under Section 2.1 (“Primary User”)

may install a second copy of the Software for his or her exclusive use on either a portable Computer or a Computer located at his or her home, provided that the Software on the portable or home Computer is not used at the same time as the Software on the primary Computer.

Restrictions on Secondary Use by Volume Licensees. If the Software was obtained under an Adobe volume license program or agreement (such as Adobe Volume Licensing) by any licensee other than an educational volume licensee, then the second copy of the Software made under Section 2.1.3 must be used solely for the benefit and business of that volume licensee.

• 9. Re: Aktivierung von InDesign CS6 an meinem PC
                          Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

As Peter pointed out, the license must be for the same user, you are toggling between 3 computers and 2 users. That is a violation. And Adobe tried to stop this violation in the time of activation (CS2 to CS6) with a maximal number of activation/deactivation for the whole life time of the product or in a specific time of the product. This was changed with CC.

• 10. Re: Aktivierung von InDesign CS6 an meinem PC
                            uchan0355 Level 1
                            1. This fact Christoph, http://helpx.adobe.com/de/contact.html, the adobe support, should have known.
                            2. All these terms & conditions no one can study nor follow, two pages in font size 10-12 yes, more not. And if you need that application to do your job for your customer, you need to accept all conditions, can never reject - or reject your business. In this sense Adobe should point out essential changes in policy. With other applications like FM we are proceeding in the same way with multiple working places in the office.
                            3. Then we need to change our structure, apps to install hardware not person oriented. Now we toggle between 3 computers, always one user exclusively (not parallel) job related.
                            4. We are a LSP (Language Service Provider) offering post layout after translation. We need to re-consider to leave that job to the customer.
                            5. I just wonder why it works for the last 6 months.
                            6. And what happen when my hardware struggles and a new one replaces the old one.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your support. Have a nice Christmas time and a wonderful 2016.
                            Best regards

Uwe

• 11. Re: Aktivierung von InDesign CS6 an meinem PC

Licensing aside (and you should get a second license, which would eliminate the need to do all this switching as well as make you in compliance), you should go back to Customer Care and if the person you speak to does not have the authority or knowledge to reset the activation counter, ask to be connected to someone who can.

• 12. Re: Aktivierung von InDesign CS6 an meinem PC
                                uchan0355 Level 1

Thanks, it suddenly runs on the previous desktop PC again. So, we are able to work. Frankly speaking, I don't put faith in customer care anymore. They don't have respective knowledge.