1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 23, 2015 7:26 AM by A.T. Romano

My footage is lagging and very slow. How do I fix this? Rendering doesn't work, Premiere Elements won't even let me adjust certain settings. It's ridiculous and I'm tempted to ask for a refund, but the software seems legit. I just need to know how to fix

mayaw446

My footage is lagging and very slow. How do I fix this? Rendering doesn't work, Premiere Elements won't even let me adjust certain settings. It's ridiculous and I'm tempted to ask for a refund, but the software seems legit. I just need to know how to fix this. Thank you in advance.

• 1. Re: My footage is lagging and very slow. How do I fix this? Rendering doesn't work, Premiere Elements won't even let me adjust certain settings. It's ridiculous and I'm tempted to ask for a refund, but the software seems legit. I just need to know how to
          A.T. Romano Level 7

mayaw446

What version of Premiere Elements, what computer operating system?

What are your computer resources - processor, clock speed, installed and available RAM, and free hard drive space?

What are the properties of what you are putting on the project's Timeline? Brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded the video might give us the troubleshooting information that we need. If still involved, how many and what pixel dimensions?

What are you doing in the project when the lagging and slowness exist? What is the size of the project at that time?

What exact are the settings to which you refer when you write

Premiere Elements won't even let me adjust certain settings.

Then the usual questions:

1. Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

2. What version of QuickTime 7 do you have installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements?

3. Are you running the programs as administrator (from user account with administrative privileges)?

Let us start here and then decide what next. Remember, if you are thinking about return/refund and you purchased Premiere Elements 14 within the last 14 days as a download from Adobe, you can request return/refund. Return, cancel, or exchange an Adobe order

If you purchased elsewhere, then you are governed by the return/refund policy of the seller.

Please consider, and supply details. The answers will be in the details.

Thank you.

ATR