7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2015 5:20 PM by wobertc

I am unable to move from LR5 to PS CS6 WITHOUT LR adjustments.

jessica eve

I used to get a dialog asking if I want to edit with or without LR adjustments but no longer see that message. I would like to be able to edit in PS without the LR adjustments.

Thanks for your help.

• 1. Re: I am unable to move from LR5 to PS CS6 WITHOUT LR adjustments.
          Chetna Srivastava Adobe Employee

Hi Jessica,

The prompt for Lightroom Adjustments comes when you take a jpeg image from Lightroom to Photoshop and not for a raw image.

It depends which format you are referring to.

• 2. Re: I am unable to move from LR5 to PS CS6 WITHOUT LR adjustments.
            trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Only JPEG, PSD, and TIFF file formats offer the option to edit in PS without LR adjustments. DNG and raw files open directly in PS with LR adjustments applied. What specifically are you trying to accomplish?

• 3. Re: I am unable to move from LR5 to PS CS6 WITHOUT LR adjustments.
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I think you are remembering the choice of little differently than it was intended. When Lightroom is looking for a newer version of Camera Raw than you have installed, or you are working on a JPEG, TIF or PSD image, Lightroom will give you the choice to edit a copy that includes Lightroom adjustments or open anyway. The reason for the choice is that Camera Raw will not recognize all of the adjustments as the image is transferred to Photoshop. Sometimes that isn't a problem and you will choose to open anyway. But in either case, the adjustments that have been applied using Lightroom will transfer to Photoshop. At least the changes that your version of Camera Raw recognizes.

When Camera Raw and Lightroom are at the same level then that choice isn't needed because everything will transfer through to Photoshop. You should, however, still be given that choice when working with non-raw images.

• 4. Re: I am unable to move from LR5 to PS CS6 WITHOUT LR adjustments.
                jessica eve Level 1

I am attempting to edit a RAW (cr2) file in PS.

I import raw files into LR and then edit for printing in PS.

I would like to be able to edit in PS without the LR adjustments I make.

Thank you.

• 5. Re: I am unable to move from LR5 to PS CS6 WITHOUT LR adjustments.
                  jessica eve Level 1

Thank you. Can you please tell me how I can edit a RAW file in PS without

the LR adjustments?

My files are all imported as CR2 files and I want to edit for printing in

PS. In the past I have been asked whether or not I want to edit with LR

adjustments.

I would be equally happy to be able to open these RAW files (minus LR

adjustments) in camera raw.

Thanks, again. And forgive my ignorance.

• 6. Re: I am unable to move from LR5 to PS CS6 WITHOUT LR adjustments.
                    trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

jessica eve wrote:

I am attempting to edit a RAW (cr2) file in PS.

I import raw files into LR and then edit for printing in PS.

I would like to be able to edit in PS without the LR adjustments I make.

There is no provision in LR for opening a raw file in Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) for editing–It is a redundant operation. LR has it's own ACR plugin "built-in" and it operates no differently than PS's ACR plugin, assuming both are at the same version level (ACR 9.3 LR 6.3). So  I ask again, Why not use LR to make the ACR edits and then use 'Edit in Photoshop' to send the edited file for further processing in PS?

You certainly can use ACR to edit the raw file from inside PS, but ACR has it's own Camera Raw database or uses XMP sidecars for storing edits. Unless you currently use XMP sidecars inside LR I don't recommend this workflow. In addition you can use the LR Print module for print output without opening the file in PS. Please forgive my ignorance if there's something I'm overlooking as to why this won't work for you using LR.

• 7. Re: I am unable to move from LR5 to PS CS6 WITHOUT LR adjustments.
                      wobertc Adobe Community Professional

without LR adjustments

Can I suggest-

Select Image thumbnail,

Create a Virtual Copy, [ CTRL+' ]

Select Virtual Copy

Click [Reset]

Press [ CTRL+E ]