4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2009 5:23 PM by Newsgroup_User

Hyberlink PPT file - Online training document

BeginnerFlex
      Before entering into flex,

I would like to know whether using Adobe flex my requirement is possible.

Requirement:
      I have java - Training portal web application, has one of the hyper link of PPT file(Training doucment) with define duration hours for example 1 hours.

Step1: User allowed to read the ppt file, it should be active for only one hour and if he finished need to track in database.
      Step2: No restriction in reading the ppt file, since duration is 1 hour, user can read 30 minites one day and he allowed to continue reamining 30 minites any of the day.

Could you plz assist for the same. Is there any related tutorial available, please let me know
        • 1. Re: Hyberlink PPT file - Online training document
          rtalton Level 4
          Is the Power Point doc being opened up in a new browser window outside of Flex? If so, I don't think Flex can track the time spent in that session.
          Can you re-create the presentation within Flex? Then you can track the time spent on it easily.
          • 2. Hyberlink PPT file - Online training document
            BeginnerFlex Level 1
            Yes your right. I dont want to open the Power Point doc being opened up in a new browser. Since i am beginner to flex. Using flex, I planned to add this requirment in my java web applications.

As you said, need to recreate the PPT within flex. Means using flex need to convert PPT file to flash format something.

Here with, i would like to explain my requirement as follows,

Step1:index.jsp
            <a href="onlineTest.mxml?duration=1hour">OnlineTest</a>
            Need to retireve the value of querystring duration
            Step2:Once user select the link OnlineTest
            Need to open OnlineTest.ppt file with respect to the duration=1 hour
            Within the given duration, if user close the PPT file, need to track and the remaining time have to forward to jsp file

Do you have the sample link that which my requirement get match, will be more usefull for me
            • 3. Re: Hyberlink PPT file - Online training document
              rtalton Level 4
              Flex cannot convert Power Point files. Not sure what you can do instead, sorry.
              • 4. Re: Hyberlink PPT file - Online training document
                Level 7

"BeginnerFlex" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                news:gm8j2v$gli$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > Yes your right. I dont want to open the Power Point doc being opened up in
                > a
                > new browser. Since i am beginner to flex. I planned to add this requirment
                > alone in my java web applications. Do you have the sample link that which
                > my
                > requirement get match, will be more usefull for me.

Have you looked into existing LMS's, such as moodle or wbtManager?