3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2016 2:34 AM by webanglise

Is there any way to change the location of my preset folder?

DougSr

I once again need to make space on my C drive, is there any way other than a complete reinstall to move my preset folder in LIghtroom CC?

• 1. Re: Is there any way to change the location of my preset folder?
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi DougSr,

• Open Lightroom
          • Select Edit>>Preferences>>Presets
          • Make check on "Store Presets with this catalog"

6655.PNG

Now your Presets will be saved inside Folder Containing your Lightroom catalog.

If want to access your already stored presets select"Show Lightroom Presets Folder"

I once again need to make space on my C drive

I will recommend you to save your catalog on a different partition/External drive to free up space,

With the "Store Presets with catalog"  option checked, All Presets will also be saved on that drive.See Photoshop Lightroom catalog FAQ

You can get back presets to default location by un-checking this option.

Regards

Akash

• 2. Re: Is there any way to change the location of my preset folder?
            Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

I seriously doubt your Presets folder is taking up a lot of hard drive space. My whole Lightroom folder where the presets are stored, and that includes a whole bunch of templates and presets, only takes up 1.28MBs of disk space.

What I think you are looking at and what is taking up a TON of space is the Previews folder which is stored in the same folder as the catalog. To my knowledge there is no way to move just the Previews folder to some other drive without also moving the catalog folder and files.

• 3. Re: Is there any way to change the location of my preset folder?
              webanglise

Thank you I will try this.....I will place my presets in the same folder as my lightroom Catalogue (LR 5.71)

The problem I found is when updating any ADOBE product it wipes my preset folder!!!
              It started when I repaired an adobe program and it not only wiped the presets and other plugins it also removed the registrations of all my Adobe products so I had to find all my original registrations to use the programs again. I found LR was not remembering the registration code and kept wiping the presets folder and forgetting the catelogue everytime I opened it up.  I reinstalled all my presets yet again! I lost count of how many times I have done this recently! To resolve that I now run it as administrator.
              Then yesturday I downloaded an Adobe addon which suggested I download creative cloud if I wanted to use it, which I did only to find that it had wiped my preset folder yet again!!!! This is beyond a joke!! It had taken me the best part of a day sorting all my presets etcl! And yes I did backup the folder, but there were print templates and plugins which I had not backedup and I have to reinstall them and add the registrations again too!

It is driving me crazy, the "roaming folder" is NOT the best place to add the presets, and the fact that everytime I do an Adobe update/install and it is wiping my presets. plugins and registrations is an issue that really needs addressing asap!!!