3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 26, 2015 5:14 PM by A.T. Romano

How come I and O don't trim my clips?

mattmanbowz

Just got Premier Elements 14. I'm at my sanity's end trying to figure out why I and O don't work to trim clips. What am I missing? CTRL+K splits just fine.

Thanks for the help,

Matt

• 1. Re: How come I and O don't trim my clips?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Matt

What computer operating system for your Premiere Elements 14/14.1?

I and O work in the Preview Window if you want to use I instead of Set In and O instead of Set Out.

Preview Window can be accessed by double clicking the file's thumbnail in Expert workspace Project Assets or double clicking the file on the Expert workspace Timeline.

For more on trimming clips in Premiere Elements

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Trimming clips

Please consider. If any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How come I and O don't trim my clips?
            mattmanbowz Level 1

thanks! Confirmed - it does work there. Why not allow it to work without opening the preview window? I'll check the trimming link you included.              

• 3. Re: How come I and O don't trim my clips?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

mattmanbowz

Thanks for the follow up, letting us know that the I and O shortcuts worked for you in the Preview Window.

Why they are not available in the Timeline directly....not sure why Adobe set that up that way.

At the Timeline level, you could look at selecting the clip, moving the Timeline Indicator to the your wanted "set in" point, hit Ctrl+K (for cut).

Then move the Timeline Indicator to your wanted "set out" point, hit Ctrl+K (for the second cut). The result will be the same except..in that....

when you isolate the segment, you can drag on either end to draw out the clip to recover the full clip.

Best wishes

ATR