If you didn't try it already restart the ESTK
Thanks - Tried... even tried reinstalling
I assume that you don't have this issue - correct?
I think I get it sometimes when I open an application after opening an application before opening the ESTK, the restart does the trick for me
Newest more than often means buggiest than best
What do I do now?
Does Adobe have any support for this? (If it's worth anything...)
Ok, I figured out the problem!
I had the ESTK running as administrator. When I removed this setting, the debugging began working as usual
Why this is, I have no clue - but this is what my testing proved to be true.
Question now is, what do I do about administrator rights??
The reason why I set it to run as Admin is because the scripts are in the "C:\Program Files\Adobe InDesign\scripts " folder and Windows 10 does not allow me to change those files without admin rights.
The only way around that was to run the program as admin, then saving worked fine - but not debugging.
So, how does everyone manage to write/edit scripts without running ESTK as admin?
1 person found this helpful
Are both ID and ESTK on addmin, if not run them both on the same user, try restart etc.
Keep us posted
Hi Trevor, that worked! Thanks
Just to clarify in summary:
- Originally both programs were running from the same user account
- InDesign was running regularly, while ESTK was running "as administrator" (to enable writing into "Program Files" folder)
- As such, ESTK did not allow me to run scripts from within it, reporting that InDesign does not have a debugger
- Solution: Both programs have to be running in the same manner. Either both regular or both as admin.
- To accomplish everything I needed, I set both InDesign and ESTK to "Run as administrator" - Now:
- ESTK Can write into program files folder
- ESTK can run scripts targeted to InDesign
Thanks Trevor for your help
I am not sure which post to mark as correct - what do you recommend?
Thanks for asking
I now have a different problem!
Actually I've been having this problem for quite some time now, but I just figured out that its attached to this!
With InDesign running as Admin, it doesnt interact with Windows File Explorer!
Please see this thread which explains that problem together with this one
What is the correct workflow here?
It can't be that I am the first one with these issues... there are a lot of scripters on Windows here....!
Any suggestions will be appreciated