5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 26, 2015 6:57 AM by A.T. Romano

no sound through HDMI connection in adobe premiere elements 14 Trial

popis71684535

In the trial version of premiere elements 14 the sound is not exported to my TV with a HDMI connection,I hear the sound from my pc as if it wasn't connected through HDMI.I have the powerdirector downloaded,this is working the sound in HDMI..Is there any relation with this..?

Thanks for any Help.

• 1. Re: no sound through HDMI connection in adobe premiere elements 14 Trial
          A.T. Romano Level 7

popis

What computer operating system is involved with your Premiere Elements 14?

Is your set up Desktop computer attached via HDMI to TV or laptop with TV acting as a 2nd monitor in a dual monitor workflow?

Although I realize that you say the another program has no problem with the TV HDMI setup, how do you have the display set up

a. Duplicate

b. Extend Across

c. Show Desktop Only on 1

d. Show Desktop Only on 2

e. No dual monitor, you are working with a single monitor for a desktop computer.

Have you explored Edit Menu/Preferences/Audio Hardware ASIO Input and Output Tab settings?

Are any of your connections the "hub" type or just a straight HDMI cable going from computer to TV set?

Is this problem with all source media with sound for the Premiere Elements Timeline or just with specific file(s) and or Premiere Elements project?

Please consider and then we will decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...I have a laptop connected via HDMI to a smart TV. Display is set for Duplicate. And, I have no problem with sound appearing to come from TV....I affect audio volume in Premiere Elements Timeline playback from TV Remote Volume control or from Premiere Elements Adjust Tab/Adjustments Palette/Volume Panel. Further discussion when trying to use both randomly.

• 2. Re: no sound through HDMI connection in adobe premiere elements 14 Trial
            popis71684535 Level 1

Hi,Merry Christmas,Thank you for your response it has worked,by the Audio-Hardware I enabled the device(TV).

Below is a device 32 bit playback..to choose..what is it and the buffer size below?

Regards

Popi

• 3. Re: no sound through HDMI connection in adobe premiere elements 14 Trial
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Popi

Thanks for the follow up. Great news that you identified the Audio Hardware ASIO settings as the core of the issue. Well done.

This brings up an interesting matter which I have not run into previously.

a. According to Adobe documentation - ASIO settings are Windows Only and Sample Size is Mac Only.

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Preferences

Even more interesting is that, in Premiere Elements 14/14.1, there is still Edit Menu/Preferences/Audio Hardware, but "ASIO" is replaced by a Settings tab under which is the Input and Output tabs.

For the part on audio buffer size (units in samples)...there is no mention of Mac Only...a generic description of the process of audio buffering can be found

https://www.izotope.com/support/kb/index.php/kb/article/503-What_is_Buffer_Size_and_why_is _it_important

It appears to be related to avoid audio dropouts and crackles. I have not been there and done that.

As for Device 32 bit Playback....that appears to be pointed at the audio bit depth used by the device involved...recording and playback.

Audio bit depth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My take on this is, if a 32 bit device is involved, then enable the Device 32 bit Playback option under the Input and Output Tabs.

Please consider.

Best wishes

ATR

• 4. Re: no sound through HDMI connection in adobe premiere elements 14 Trial
                popis71684535 Level 1

Thank you,I enabled audio 32 bit.

It looks awasome this software...and It has good tutorials..I have powerdirector since 4 years now and I have never well understood how is working..

• 5. Re: no sound through HDMI connection in adobe premiere elements 14 Trial
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

popis

Thanks for the update.

Great news on your progress with Premiere Elements. Well done.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions or ask for clarification on your Premiere Elements workflows.

There is often several ways to approach the project goal....one by the book, another stemming from your understanding of the program and using that understanding to create your own workflow to obtain your project goal.

Best wishes

ATR