2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 26, 2015 10:43 AM by Axel Matt

Using Lightroom CS6 instead of CC

Delfinder

I bought the Lightroom CS6 licence and I am also currently using the Creative Cloud plan. However I am not happy with the high cost of this plan and want to be able to use the software I paid for.

How can I install Lightroom CS6 with my licence number instead of signing in to Creative Cloud. Will I be able to use my Lightroom CS6 licence when I cancel my plan?

Thank you for your help.

• 1. Re: Using Lightroom CS6 instead of CC
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

First of all, if you have been using the creative cloud plan for less than a year there will be a penalty charged for cancellation. If you have not purchased Lightroom 6 then it will be necessary for you to purchase the program to have a valid serial number in order to install it. After you purchase and install Lightroom 6, it will run completely independently. Any work that you have done using the creative cloud will still be available to you. You will not have the dehaze feature, nor the blacks and whites adjustments in the adjustment brush and gradient filter, and you will no longer be able to use Lightroom Mobile. None of these issues are critical to Lightroom functioning properly.

• 2. Re: Using Lightroom CS6 instead of CC
            Axel Matt Level 4

Delfinder schrieb:

Will I be able to use my Lightroom CS6 licence when I cancel my plan?

Yes. When you cancel your plan you have to deinstall all CC versions and to install you LR6 version.