4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2015 8:27 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 14 Won't open at All on my Laptop

EthanG123

So I just got Adobe Premiere Elements 14 for my computer and I was extremely excited to get to work on a project, and after the half hour it took to install, it wouldn't even start. Please help! I'm also having the exact same problem with my Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 that came with it. If anyone could shed some light on my situation, that would be very helpful,

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 14 Won't open at All on my Laptop
          A.T. Romano Level 7

EthanG123

Let us work on Premiere Elements 14. What computer operating system?

Are you installing with an Internet connection? Are you installing from installation files obtained from Adobe or installation discs from an authorized reseller? How far do you get into the installation - fails before the Sign In, fails after the Sign In? Do you ever get to the Welcome Screen? If so, do you get beyond Welcome Screen/Video Editor and new project to enter into the workspace?

Let us go through the check list...

1. What is a description of your computer environment? Have you review System Requirements?

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/system-requirements.html

2. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewalls disabled? Are you running the program as administrator (from a user account with administrative privileges)? In addition, please right click the desktop icon for Premiere Elements, select and apply Run As Administrator.

3. Is you video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the manufacturer of the card? How many video cards/graphics cards does your computer use - one or two?

4. Do you have QuickTime 7 installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements? That is a must do.

Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 v 7.7.8  QuickTime - Download - Apple

Windows 10  v 7.7.6  QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows

Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details in your reply. Any questions or need clarification about the above, please do not hesitate to ask. Lots of avenues to pursue.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 14 Won't open at All on my Laptop
            EthanG123 Level 1

thanks for the quick response, but the problem seems to have fixed itself, however I have seem to run into another problem using the program. When I was using a 4 point garbage matte effect, about midway threw using key frames for a video, all the previous places I had placed the effect had a blue outline, which is bothering me. I'll send a screenshot as well.

Thanks!

ERG

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 14 Won't open at All on my Laptop
              A.T. Romano Level 7

EthanG123

Great news about resolving the Premiere Elements 14 will not open on your laptop issue. Great job.

From your description, I think that you are referring that you are referring to the representation of the keyframes on the monitor.

This matter came up in another recent thread discussing doing the light saber effect with a Four-Point Gargage Matte.

Please refer to my screenshots and comments in the following

Light Saber Effect?

We will be watching for further developments in the morning.

Thanks for the follow up.

Best wishes

ATR