1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 27, 2015 5:57 AM by A.T. Romano

elements 14 photo downloader not detecting Canon 7D Mark ii

harveyg37079489

Running PSE 14 on IOS 10.11.2.  Elements Organizer does not detect Canon 7D Mark ii.  The software has been updated to most current version.  I have tried to 'refresh device list', however no device is detected by the refresh.

This camera has two cards, I'm not sure if that is part of the issue.

Camera is detected and photo import is possible using the Canon EOS Utility software.  However using the EOS utility adds an extra step to my workflow.

Does PSE 14 support this camera or do I need to purchase a card reader?

Please advise.

• 1. Re: elements 14 photo downloader not detecting Canon 7D Mark ii
          A.T. Romano Level 7

harveyg

Are you working with photos from the Canon 7D Mark II in Photoshop Elements 14 Editor and its Elements Organizer 14? If so, you have posted in the wrong forum. Please re-post your thread in the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum to take advantage of the specialized expertise there. Photoshop Elements

Somehow your thread got posted in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum.

You wrote

Camera is detected and photo import is possible using the Canon EOS Utility software.  However using the EOS utility adds an extra step to my workflow.

If you install the Canon EOS utility software to your computer, is your Canon EOS then recognized by the photo downloader because it has delivered to the computer needed driver(s)?

ATR