27 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2016 1:31 PM by Steve Grisetti

PSE14 and Slideshows

PF!!!

In PSE14, how do I create a slideshow from an existing album and save the slideshow to a traveler?  Thanks.  Phil

• 1. Re: PSE14 and Slideshows
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

When you say "from an existing album" do you mean an album in the Elements Organizer or something else?

When you say "save slideshow to a traveler", what do you mean? What's a traveler?

• 2. Re: PSE14 and Slideshows
            PF!!! Level 1

Steve - Yes, an existing Album in Organizer.  By traveler I mean a flash drive.  Thanks.

• 3. Re: PSE14 and Slideshows
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Phil

When I saw your thread, I knew what you meant by Traveler and slideshow from existing album and started writing up the details requested. I see that you have already gotten a reply. Nonetheless, I will post my suggested how to, just in case....

1. In the Elements Organizer 14/14.1, open to My Albums/name of your Album with the photos for your slideshow.

2. With the photos selected, go to Create/Slideshow, followed by "Slideshow - Choose theme" dialog"

3. Create the slideshow

4. Export

Location. Browse to drive representing your USB Flash Drive (Traveler) and select it.

Make sure the USB Flash Drive has sufficient capacity for the size of the slideshow you have built.

Select 720p HD or 1080p HD for the AVCHD.mp4 slideshow that will be exported to the USB Flash Drive.

5. I would also save a copy of the AVCHD.mp4 produced to the Elements Organizer 14/14.1 browser (its thumbnail will be marked with a "video" icon top right). And, also save a copy of the Elements Organizer slideshow project for further edits in the browser as a "slideshow project".

Any questions or need clarification on any of the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: PSE14 and Slideshows
                PF!!! Level 1

AT - Let me be more specific in what we are trying to do.  PSE14 is loaded on our tower computer.  However, we like to show our friends pictures of our trips.  So we prepare slide shows and put them on a traveler.  We connect a laptop computer that does not have Photoshop on it to our big screen TV and insert the traveler.  When I followed your instructions, the individual photos transferred to the traveler, but not the slide show.  I greatly appreciate your help.  Phil

• 5. Re: PSE14 and Slideshows
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Phil

In your details, you included

Yes, an existing Album in Organizer.

and we seem to agree that Traveler was a USB Flash Drive.

So, It is not clear to me how you followed by instructions given according to your details and did not obtain the Elements Organizer 14/14.1 Slideshow showcased in one of its themes. Could the difference between us be our understanding of the Elements Organizer 14/14.1 slideshow compared to earlier versions of the Elements Organizer?

Or, does the difference between us relate to you meaning

a. moving Elements Organizer files to the Premiere Elements Editor and creating your slideshow in the Premiere Elements Editor and not the Elements Organizer. If that is the case...

Premiere Elements 14/14.1 Add Media/Elements Organizer

For Export - Export & Share/Devices/Custom and create a project preset for MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30...destination set to your USB Flash Drive in the computer's USB port.

In 13/13.1 and 14/14.1, the export from the Elements Organizer 14/14.1 is the slideshow of individual components housed in a given Adobe theme with given animations. (about 5 to 7 themes to select from). There are opportunities to customize this new type slideshow in its Slideshow builder but these opportunities are markedly less than in earlier versions of Elements Organizer. And, this theme based slideshow is exported to the hard drive as an AVCHD.mp4 file (720p or 1080p).

Please consider and review what I wrote to determine how you got individual photos from that instead of a theme based slideshow in AVCHD.mp4 format for your USB Flash Drive.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: PSE14 and Slideshows
                    PF!!! Level 1

AT - We purchased Photoshop Elements 14 and Photoshop Premier Elements 14 as a package.  Our albums appear in both and I have tried to prepare slide shows in both, with the same result that individual photos are exported to the USB Flash Drive.  Here is the exact sequence steps that I have been using:  1) Choose the specific album. 2) Select all of the photos in the album.  3) Go to the Create dropdown in the  upper right.  4)  Choose the slideshow type - I always choose the Album option.  5)  When I click on the NEXT button, I am taken back to the screen with all of the photos that I have chosen.  So I have been going to the FILE dropdown menu in the upper left and choosing Export as New File(s)... 6)  I am then given a choice of format (original, JPEG, TIFF, PSD, etc.) and destination (the USB Flash Drive).  I have tried both JPEG and PSD,  customizing the pixels as you had suggested.  There is no specific preset for MP4 H.264 1920X1080p30.  I understand your comment "theme based slideshow in AVCHD.mp4 format" to mean that Adobe automatically exports the file in this format.  That's not happening.  I have also gone online and downloaded the manual.  It was last updated on 9/16/15 and pertains to Elements 13, not 14.  The manual says that I should see a quick preview of the slide show before I begin the export step.  I don't get such a preview.

I am very grateful for all of the time that you've spent.  I hope that I haven't worn out your patience.

Phil.

• 7. Re: PSE14 and Slideshows
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Phil

Thanks for the important follow up. It sounds like you are detouring from how the Elements Organizer Slideshow works and what it offers.

1. Photoshop Elements 14 and Premiere Elements 14 are standalone programs, each comes with an Elements Organizer 14. When both are on the same computer, they share the same Element Organizer 14.

2. We are together on the Elements Organizer 14 Slideshow for a few steps in the beginning and then things seem to detour. Let us consider.

a. Elements Organizer browser. Select you Album photos. You go to the Create header/select Slideshow. Select your slideshow theme - in your case "Album".

b. Do not do the following if you are doing the Elements Organizer slideshow

So I have been going to the FILE dropdown menu in the upper left and choosing Export as New File(s)... 6)  I am then given a choice of format (original, JPEG, TIFF, PSD, etc.) and destination (the USB Flash Drive).

Please review the following document on the Elements Organizer 14 Slideshow. Creating Slideshows in Photoshop Elements 13 - Page 5 of 5 - Better Photography   Same principle in 13 as in 14.

For what you have described, you do not need the Create/Slideshow. You are putting jpegs on disc as data disc - jpegs on disc (in your case, individual jpeg files on a USB Flash Drive). The Elements Organizer will give you your photos in an animated theme showcase as a AVCHD.mp4 file 1280 x 720p30 or 1920 x 1080p30.

Please read through the above, especially the details in the Creating Slideshow link. And, then let me know if we are together on the details.

Thank you. I am eager for you to succeed, and will not be content until I know that you have the video presentation that you seek.

Best wishes

ATR

• 8. Re: PSE14 and Slideshows
                        PF!!! Level 1

AT - The problem is that we are not getting any preview of the slideshow.  Therefore, we are not getting the floating bar with the edit, save, export and exit options.  We are just returned to the screen with all of the photos that we have marked for inclusion in the slideshow.  If at this point we switch to full screen mode (in the drop-down View menu), we do see our slide show with a floating bar on the bottom.  This bar has the three Play options, Film, Film Strip, View, Settings, Fix, Organize, Info and Exit, but no Export.  Is there a bug in our original download of the software?

Thank you very much for your commitment to help us solve our problem.

Phil

• 9. Re: PSE14 and Slideshows
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Phil

Thanks for the reply. We will figure this out.

From what you describe you are not in the Elements Organizer 14 Slideshow. The description that you give tells me that you are in the Elements Organizer browser, have clicked on View Menu and then Full Screen and are seeing the list of options that you described.

This is what should be happening.

1. Your photos in the Elements Organizer browser selected and you clicking on Create/then Slideshow.

eoslideshow1.jpg

2. When you click on Slideshow, you should see

eoslideshow2.JPG

3. You select your theme, and, when you click on it (I picked Album), you should immediately see a preview of your slideshow in the theme showcase

eoslideshow3.jpg

Are you saying that you get 1 and 2, but, instead of 3, you get sent back to 1 where you are clicking the View Menu/Full Screen?

If that is the problem, we are probably heading for an uninstall, free ccleaner run through, and reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

But, before we go there

a. What are the pixel dimensions of the photos that you are selecting in the Elements Organizer browser for inclusion in the Elements Organizer 14 Slideshow?

b. How many of them are there?

Please consider the above. Then we will decide if it is time for the uninstall/free cleaner/reinstall route.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 10. Re: PSE14 and Slideshows
                            PF!!! Level 1

AT - Yes, I am saying that I get 1 and 2, but instead of 3 I am being sent back to 1 without the drop-down.

We are actually trying to prepare four different slideshows of our recent trip to Sicily and Southern Italy  The smallest one has 102 individual pictures; the largest, 167.  I checked out the size of just one picture.  It is 4000 X 3000 pixels and 2.6 MB.  I use a Nikon D70s with the settings of JPEG FINE and 3008 X 2000 pixels.

Thanks.

Phil

• 11. Re: PSE14 and Slideshows
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Phil

Thanks important information.

Here is what I would like you to do before any thoughts of uninstall/free cleaner/reinstall.

Take about 3 of the 4000 x 3000 pixel 4:3 photos and try to create the slideshow from that. Do you get beyond the theme phase?

If not, then resize the 3 photos to 1280 x 960 4:3 or 1920 x 1080 16:9 and determine if the slideshow gets beyond the theme phase. The Photoshop Elements Editor crop tool is great for doing this cropping resizing (one by one basis).

In the meanwhile, I am going to do some tests with my Photoshop Elements 14 Editor Crop tool and Elements Organizer 14 slideshow relating to pixel dimensions and numbers of photos. We need to determine if pixel dimensions and number of photos with those pixel dimensions are shutting down the Slideshow operation.

Thanks for the follow ups. Appreciated. The results will be a help to all.

ATR

• 12. Re: PSE14 and Slideshows
                                PF!!! Level 1

AT - I tried to make a slideshow from three pictures that are 502X669, 892X669 and 704X669.  I did not get beyond the theme phase.

Phil

• 13. Re: PSE14 and Slideshows
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Phil

Still trying to put off the uninstall/reinstall. So, another thought - that is - deleting or disabling the Elements Organizer settings file.

With Elements Organizer and Premiere Elements closed...

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Organizer

and, in the Organizer Folder, is the psa.prf file that you delete or disable by renaming it from psa.prf to psa.prfOLD.

Restart the computer. Open Elements Organizer 14, and determine if you can get beyond the theme choice.

Thank you.

ATR

• 14. Re: PSE14 and Slideshows
                                    PF!!! Level 1

AT

Unfortunately, the suggested fix did not work.  I guess that we have no choice but to uninstall.  Do we have to save all of our photos elsewhere?   I would appreciate receiving step-by-step directions, just as you did above.

Thank you very much and Happy New Year to you and your family,

Phil

• 15. Re: PSE14 and Slideshows
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Phil

Please remind me - what computer operating system are you using ?

To be continued....

ATR

• 16. Re: PSE14 and Slideshows
                                        PF!!! Level 1

AT - Windows 10 Home;  64 bit operating system; x64-based processor.  Phil

• 17. Re: PSE14 and Slideshows
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Phil

1. Open Premiere Elements 14/14.1 to its Expert workspace, and go to Help Menu/ and click on Sign Out.

That will deactivate the program. Deactivation is not the same as uninstall. Close out of Premiere Elements 14/14.1.

2. Control Panel/Programs and Uninstall a program where you find Adobe Premiere Elements 14 and uninstall it.

To get to the Control Panel in 10, consider

a. computer keyboard Windows key + X to bring up menu which includes Control Panel

or

b. just right click the Start button to bring up the same menu as "a", select Control Panel

3. For ultimate result, then download and install the free ccleaner and perform the regular and registry cleaning parts.

CCleaner - Free Download - Piriform

You could take your chances and omit step 3, but...

4. Reinstall Premiere Elements 14 with the antivirus and firewalls disabled. You will need your purchased serial number at this point.

Please let me know if you are OK with the information. If you decide to go the complete route and include ccleaner in the process and need more information on how to use ccleaner, please let me know and I will supply more information on that. It is a free software, easy and essentially automatic with your instructions.

Best wishes for the new year.

ATR

• 18. Re: PSE14 and Slideshows
                                            PF!!! Level 1

AT - I followed your instructions, including the download and use of CCleaner.  You instructed that I uninstall Premier Elements only.  So that's what I did.

The download took 2 hours and 40 minutes (we have Verizon DSL; Verizon did not install Fios in our neighborhood because there are fewer than 100 homes and the cabling would all have to be underground.  I guess that Verizon decided that it would never get a return on its investment).  I still do not get the Slideshow preview and its toolbar, neither in Premier Elements nor in Photoshop Elements.  So I am not sure where we go from here.  Maybe Adobe should just send me disks with the two programs.  To me a download process that takes so long is ripe for hiccups.

Phil

• 19. Re: PSE14 and Slideshows
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Phil

Thanks for the time you have put into the troubleshooting.

How long have you had Elements 14? You might want to contact Online Adobe Chat to determine if you can get any support on this.

Suggested target would be Online Adobe Chat for Premiere Elements Downloading, Installing, and Setting Up.

Contact Customer Care

However, on my what next list...

a. Have you been using one theme choice throughout - have you tried each of the themes and got  the same result - getting sent back to the Elements Organizer browser?

b. What is your video card/graphics card? Does your computer use 1 or 2? Is the driver version of the card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card.

c. So far, have you been selecting your thumbnails in the Elements Organizer browser, going to Create/Slideshow and being taken to the display of themes to choose from, and selecting the theme and being sent back to the Elements Organizer browser part. If so, please try this...select your thumbnails in the Elements Organizer browser, look to the bottom of the Elements Organizer workspace and click on Slideshow tab there. Does a preview open with any one of the theme followed by displaying the bar with Edit, Save, Export, Exit?

d. Go to

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Elements Organizer 14

and, in the Elements Organizer 14 Folder, find the file specifically named Photoshop Elements Organizer.exe. Right click that file and select and apply Run As Administrator. Then double click that file to open to the Elements Organizer 14. Then determine if the slideshow feature is working.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

Just in case...restart computer after major troubleshooting steps.

• 20. Re: PSE14 and Slideshows
                                                PF!!! Level 1

AT

1.  The choice of Theme does not matter.

2.  Using the Slideshow tab in the tray doesn't matter.

3.  Our computer is set for automatic updates from Microsoft and HP

4.  I did follow your instructions for running as Administrator, to no effect

One last possibility before I try the Chat option (by the way, we purchased the software in mid-October, but did not actually use it until our return from vacation in mid-November):

We still have Photoshop Elements 9 and 11 on the computer.  Are they creating interference with PSE14?  If we do have to uninstall them, is there a way to confirm that all of our photos from the previous versions were captured by PSE14?

Thanks.

Phil

• 21. Re: PSE14 and Slideshows
                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Phil

Since you have Premiere Elements 14 (current version) and with unusual Elements Organizer 14 slideshow issue, there is a high probability that online Adobe Chat (downloading, installing, and setting up) will listen. No guarantees.

I have seen no evidence that Elements Organizer 9 or 11 should be interfering with Elements Organizer 14. (Also, Elements Organizer 9 and 11 are not the same as 14.)  Nonetheless I have all these versions on my Windows 7 64 bit computer and no problems with the Elements Organizer slideshow in 14 or the others.

When you went to 14, how did you get the contents of Elements Organizer 9 and 11 into 14? Did you convert the catalogs for each of those versions in Elements Organizer 14? Common catalog upgrade issues | Organizer | Elements 6 or later

Guessing at this point...

a. Elements Organizer 14 Edit Menu/Preferences/Adobe Partner Services...Refresh

b. Confirm the 14 files you have under

Local Disc C

Program Data

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Slideshow

At this point, before doing anything else, see what input you can get from online Adobe Chat. Depending on how that goes, then we can talk deletions with safety nets.

Thanks,

ATR

• 22. Re: PSE14 and Slideshows
                                                    PF!!! Level 1

AT - I did contact Adobe Chat.  I was eventually connected to a Technical Service Representative with the name of Neeraj.  He took over my computer, tried various fixes, downloaded software, all to no avail.  A few days ago, I received an automated message from Adobe asking whether my problem had been solved.  I replied that it hadn't and explained.  I haven't heard anything since.  I am totally frustrated.  I guess that I could demand a refund, if I knew whom to contact.  But all of our recent photos were edited in Photoshop 14, so I am not sure that I can go back to Photoshop 11 and prepare slideshows from it.  Any further recommendations?  Thanks.  Phil

• 23. Re: PSE14 and Slideshows
                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Phil

Thanks for the update. Very discouraging that the Elements Organizer 14/14.1 Slideshow workspace fails to appear. I thought for sure that Adobe Tech remote control of computer troubleshooting would reveal the cause of the problem. But it has not. Are you writing down the dates of contact with Adobe Tech and the case number? I would re-contact Adobe Tech to find out the status of your case.

How many days has it been since your purchase of Premiere Elements 14? At this time, Adobe's return/refund is based on "within 14 days from the date of purchase".

The online Adobe Chat return/refund link that I have is  Contact Customer Care

Also see  https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/return-cancel-or-change-order.html

But, please remind me if you purchased the download from Adobe or if you purchased from an authorized reseller. If authorized reseller, then you are governed by the return/refund policy of the authorized reseller.

In what you have done so far, have you tried to use new 14/14.1 installation files, like those from Adobe Other Downloads?

Other downloads

Thanks for the follow up. Appreciated.

ATR

• 24. Re: PSE14 and Slideshows
                                                        PF!!! Level 1

AT - I worked with Adobe Support again yesterday.  First we downloaded updates for Photoshop 11 and 14 and for Premier Elements 14, to no avail.  Then we uninstalled Photoshop Elements 14 and downloaded a new copy (previously we had uninstalled and re-installed Premier Elements 14).  Again to no avail.  Adobe Support is supposed to contact me no later than tomorrow afternoon after internal discussions about the problem..

I am wondering whether security software on my computer thinks that the Slideshow Workspace is a "Pop-Up" and is therefore blocking it.

I originally purchased the software directly from Adobe in mid-October.

Thanks.

Phil

• 25. Re: PSE14 and Slideshows
                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Phil

This Elements Organizer 14 absent slideshow workspace is indeed a puzzlement.

What has been done so far about disabling security features on your computer with Premiere Elements 14?

Right now I would not change a thing until you hear from Adobe. Since you have a troubleshooting discussion in progress with it, I would not want you to introduce a variable when you and Adobe might be getting closer to a solution for this problem.

Thanks for taking the time for the update. Appreciated. Still hoping for a breakthrough in this issue.

Best wishes

ATR

• 26. Re: PSE14 and Slideshows
                                                            PF!!! Level 1

AT - Unfortunately, I am back.  On January 27 the software engineer Neiraj finally admitted that there is a bug in the Elements/Premier Elements 14 software that needs to be fixed.  Do you have any inside information as to when Adobe projects to publish the fix?  Thanks for all of your help.  Phil

• 27. Re: PSE14 and Slideshows
                                                              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

AT Romano no longer frequents this forum, PF. We also are not Adobe employees here. Just fellow users. And we don't have inside information on any fixes for the program. Sorry.