4 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2006 9:47 AM by Newsgroup_User

Help

IMJUSTCLUELESS
      I really need help here. I have put together several webpages, have connected to my FTP, but I don't know how to put the website together. My hosting site directly mentions this program, but when I upload stuff, it won't work. What do I do now?
        • 1. Re: Help
          Level 7
          IMJUSTCLUELESS wrote:
          > I really need help here. I have put together several webpages, have connected
          > to my FTP, but I don't know how to put the website together. My hosting site
          > directly mentions this program, but when I upload stuff, it won't work. What
          > do I do now?
          >

Have you defined your site in Dreamweaver?

Have you defined the remote director (e.g. the directory on your host's
          server where the files need to be uploaded?

--
          Bonnie in California
          kroko at
          sbcglobal dot net
          http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CTDSites.woa
          • 2. Re: Help
            IMJUSTCLUELESS Level 1
            Please help! I've been trying to finish the site and put it up for the past 2 days! I've done everything I can think of (yes I did press the 'put' button)..........................................
            • 3. Re: Help
              IMJUSTCLUELESS Level 1
              quote:

Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
              IMJUSTCLUELESS wrote:
              > I really need help here. I have put together several webpages, have connected
              > to my FTP, but I don't know how to put the website together. My hosting site
              > directly mentions this program, but when I upload stuff, it won't work. What
              > do I do now?
              >

Have you defined your site in Dreamweaver?

Have you defined the remote director (e.g. the directory on your host's
              server where the files need to be uploaded?

--
              Bonnie in California
              kroko at
              sbcglobal dot net

Yes. I followed the instructions in the tutorial, but even after I upload, it does not work. Perhaps it is a problem with my host site, and not Dreamweaver
              • 4. Re: Help
                Level 7
                IMJUSTCLUELESS wrote:
                > Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
                > IMJUSTCLUELESS wrote:
                > > I really need help here. I have put together several webpages, have
                > connected
                > > to my FTP, but I don't know how to put the website together. My hosting
                > site
                > > directly mentions this program, but when I upload stuff, it won't work.
                > What
                > > do I do now?
                > >
                >
                > Have you defined your site in Dreamweaver?
                >
                > Have you defined the remote director (e.g. the directory on your host's
                > server where the files need to be uploaded?
                >
                > --
                > Bonnie in California
                > kroko at
                > sbcglobal dot net
                > http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CTDSites.woa
                >
                >
                > Yes. I followed the instructions in the tutorial, but even after I upload, it
                > does not work. Perhaps it is a problem with my host site, and not Dreamweaver
                >

Could be. What would be the address (e.g. www.yoursitename.com) if it
                **had** worked properly?

--
                Bonnie in California
                kroko at
                sbcglobal dot net