4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2016 8:34 AM by A.T. Romano

No sound, Picture works.

keving44853532 Level 1

Whenever I add media to the timeline now, the sound doesn't work but picture does, does anyone know what the problem and solution to this for me to avoid this in the future?

• 1. Re: No sound, Picture works.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

keving44853532

What version of Premiere Elements, what computer operating system?

What are the properties of the specific source media that you are adding to your project's Timeline?

Brand/model/settings for the camera that regarded these source media?

Is the problem related to video from a specific camera? Does the problem persist if you start a new project? Have you ever gotten or still do get sound from imports to the Timeline?

Can you see the presence of an audio component in the Timeline track even though you cannot hear it at Timeline content playback in the edit area monitor?

Are you allowing time for the file audio as well as video to conform before you drag it to the Timeline?

Have you reviewed your settings under Edit Menu/Preferences/Audio Hardware?

Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details in your reply. Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: No sound, Picture works.
            keving44853532 Level 1

Premiere elements 13 on a Macbook Pro.

21.64 GB worth of memory but I want to only upload about an hour's worth of it.

Sony HDR-CX410VE

The video works however the sound doesn't. I used two cameras at the event, 1st camera works perfectly fine. It's the second that's giving me the problem.

No, just as soon as I link the 2 together is when the problem persists. Yes, still do imports to the timeline. No can't see the audio component in the timeline track, Yes given it time to conform, I've tried well over 5 times as well & nothing.

Never touched the preferences/audio hardware settings.

Many Thanks.

• 3. Re: No sound, Picture works.
              Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Try this first. Rename the folder the footage of the so called problem camera is in (is it also a sony CX410?)

Import the footage again.

If that does not work

Make sure you copy the entire card from the camera to the harddisk first.

Then import the mts fils into your program (via Project Assets)

See if that will work.

BTW uploading/downloading means you copy data from computer to web and v.v.

Putting footage into an editing program is called importing.

• 4. Re: No sound, Picture works.
                A.T. Romano Level 7

keving

Thank you for your reply - referencing our discussion in progress my post 1 and your reply to it (posted numbered 2).

The camera that you mention is Sony HDR-CX410VE. You mention two cameras, one no problem, one with the problem in Premiere Elements project.

Are these cameras both Sony HDR-CX410VE? I see from this Sony's specifications that the audio can be 5.1 channel. For the video that you import into the project, what is the audio - 5.1 channel for both cameras or one stereo and one 5.1 channel? Additional properties details for the good vs bad audio would be helpful.

Important: what is the project preset? Is it one described for 5.1 channel audio? Please tell me the properties of your file imports - especially frame size, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, and pixel aspect ratio, and I may have you set the project preset manually before importing your files into the project to assure that the project preset that is being used is for 5.1 channel audio instead of stereo if that is the problem. There may not be a project preset for what you have. Then we will create one. Lots to try to put together before be set that course.

Especially clarify....when you first import a file into the project - Expert workspace - Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets and drag your problem files to the Timeline and set the Audio Display Style for waveform, do you see any wave form in the audio track?

Any questions about the questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

As your time permits, we will be watching for your clarification of the issues, comments, and progress.

Thank you.

ATR