I'm not sure if this is for you but I have a similar problem with my activation. I am activated and everything but when I try to get the books I bought 2 hours!! ago it says "check activation". So I can read them on my phone but not the (new) computer. Help and support is useless, I suggest that you check with where ever you bought the books originally and download to your computer if you did not at the time. Then, find another reader, that is the only way I can get to my books right now. Good luck, please post if you figure a better way.
My books are loans from my local public library and the required app is Digital Editions, so I need a solution that lets me access Digital Editions.
- Close all applications on the new device.
- Choose Start > Run.
- In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
- In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
- Select the Adept key.
- Choose File > Export.
- In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
- Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
- In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.
Thanks - your instructions were very clear and I had success. I appreciate the time you took to help with my problem,
You are welcome.