3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2015 1:35 PM by A.T. Romano

windows 10

derekd92249805

Adobe Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements

I had Adobe Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements 12 installed on my Dell (from late 2014... barely 1 year old).  I just upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10, and now, I can't find the Adobe Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements software.  Where did it go?  I paid an extra $99 for this software to Dell Canada when I purchased the computer.  How do I recover the software that I purchased?

Thanks,

-Derek

• 1. Re: windows 10
          A.T. Romano Level 7

derekd

The answers will be in the details.

1. Did Photoshop Elements 12 and Photoshop Elements 12 come pre-installed on the computer that you purchased?

Did you ever get purchased serial numbers for them?

2. When you upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8 or 8.1 to 10, how did you do that -

a. Clean install which would have wiped out everything

b; Or as replacement for the prior operating system which would been expected to leave your installed applications as is?

Worst case scenario - the programs came preinstalled with computer purchase, you do not have purchased serial numbers, coupled with doing a clean install of Windows 10.

In the meanwhile, check out your Adobe Account at the Adobe web site (My Products) and determine if your programs are listed there with serial numbers (maybe happened during the original registration?)

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: windows 10
            derekd92249805 Level 1

I paid a special price to receive a link to download Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12, after I received my new Dell computer.  I installed the software.  Serial numbers?  Really?  Does anyone write these things down anymore?  It's all electronic over the internet.  And with the Windows 10 upgrade, the upgrade process SPECIFICALLY TOLD ME THAT ALL MY FILES AND PROGRAMS WOULD STILL WORK.  Even after the upgrade, the computer screen told me that everything was still in the same spot.  NOT TRUE!!!

Microsoft is deliberately killing pre-installed video or photo or other software so that it can force people to spend money in their Microsoft store, because Windows 10 doesn't come with any of the same utilities or free programs anymore.

• 3. Re: windows 10
              A.T. Romano Level 7

derekd

Thanks for the reply.

I went through the upgrade to Windows 10 64 bit for two of my computers. I did not do the clean install way. Rather I replaced Window 7 64 bit with Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 64 bit with Windows 10. I have several versions of Premiere Elements installed on each of these computers. And, all survived the upgrade to Windows 10. The major problem that I had with the process was the Microsoft claim that I could go back to the prior operating systems within 30 days of the upgrade. I decided that I wanted to go back after 28 days and found it was not possible. The Microsoft 30 day count seems to be different than others. I found a way to go back but it was not easy - going back to factory defaults et al.

In your case, if you did a replacement operating system, your Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements should have been where you left them. Are you saying that they were purged from Control Panel/Programs? Were these the only two programs lost in the upgrade to Windows 10 64 bit?

I can tell you where to get free replacement installation files for these programs, but you are no where without the purchased serial numbers.

That is more a computer manufacturer issue. Have you contacted it to determine if it could resolve the problem?

Have you contacted Microsoft to get input on what happened in your case upgrading to Windows 10. Maybe in its analysis of your situation, it can tell you if there is any hope for programs recovery from within your computer.

Please consider.

ATR