2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2009 5:53 AM by TaylorBastien

Flex ==> Socklet Policy  ==> Security sandbox violation ?!?!?!?!

aryaxt
      Please help me with this problem. I'v had this problem for over a month
      I'm trying to connect to my C# server through my Flex client.
      Flex client in running on IIS (c:/inetpub/wwwroot)
      the policy file in on the root folder of IIS
      <?xml version="1.0"?>
      <cross-domain-policy>
      <allow-access-from domain="*" to-ports="*" secure="false" />
      </cross-domain-policy>

1: I tried to use the loadPolicy method before i connect through sockets
      Security.loadPolicyFile("h ttp://localhost/crossdomain.xml"); (space does not exist in real code)

2: flex sends this message to server side while connecting ("<policy-file-request/>") so as soon as i get this message on server side i read the policy text from crossdomain.xml and i send ti back to the client.

eventhough i get a security error the client is still able to connect to the server and send messages but it cannot receive any message

I get the following security error:
      [SecurityErrorEvent type="securityError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2048: Security sandbox violation: file:///C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/ClientFlex/bin-debug/Client.swf cannot load data from 10.0.0.3:8000."]Error #2048: Security sandbox violation: file:///C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/ClientFlex/bin-debug/Client.swf cannot load data from 10.0.0.3:8000.

y am i still getting this error???????????

some people suggested to read the log files: but i followed all adobe tutorials to turn os loggin, but couldn't get it to work. mm.cfg does not exist, log folder for flash player does not exist, log.txt for flash player does not exists.