4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2015 9:08 AM by Daniel Ulysses

File with missing fonts that I don't use HELP !!!

Daniel Ulysses Level 1

Hello

I have a file that I'm getting ready to print, is a book.

Well, every time that I opened the file, Indesign is asking me if I want to find/replace some font that I don't use at all in the file.

What I have been doing is just ignoring (close) that window.

Is there a way to make it go away for good?

I have Indesign CC 2015, I'm in a Mac and to be honest, I'm not very good with it.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Saludos

• 1. Re: File with missing fonts that I don't use HELP !!!
          vladan saveljic Level 4

choose Find Font from the Type menu and see the list of fonts.

if you see a yellow triangle next to the name of a font it means that this font is missing. Click on it and replace it by selecting a different font in the list Replace With.

04fig27_alt.jpg

"...sometimes you’ll find that Find Font lists a font as being used in your document but Find Next won’t find it, and More Info tells you that there are zero characters that have this font applied to it. This happens when the font is applied only to automatic bullets or numbering...

"...Find Font will also tell you a font exists when it really doesn’t if you have an empty frame that used to contain text in that font, just another good reason not to leave empty frames lying around..."

• 2. Re: File with missing fonts that I don't use HELP !!!
            Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Sometimes documents can have "phantom fonts." These are fonts that might have been used and are no longer, and the document seems to hang on to them. If you save your file as IDML (File > Save As > InDesign CS4 or Earlier), then open the IDML file, those phantom fonts should go away.

• 3. Re: File with missing fonts that I don't use HELP !!!
              Dov Isaacs Adobe Employee

The “missing” fonts could be in any number of places including (1) master pages that you aren't actually using, (2) in null paragraphs formatted with a style that invokes such fonts that aren't used elsewhere, in placed content such as .EPS or .PDF in which the fonts were not embedded.

- Dov

• 4. Re: File with missing fonts that I don't use HELP !!!
                Daniel Ulysses Level 1

Thanks so much for all your help

I'm going to try everything before sending this file to print.

Honestly, InDesign is so overwhelming that I only use it the lest possible and to me, it has lots of tools that don't need

but hey, what do I know.

Again, thanks a lot to all of you, I will give you the correct answer to all of you but I don't think it's possible :-)

Saludos