5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2016 10:32 AM by Bob Somrak

Lightroom import problem - Ipad Pro

Mitch208

Hi Everyone,

I'm having problems importing photos from the camera roll (on my Ipad Pro) into the Adobe Lightroom Ipad application.

If I open the lightroom application on the Ipad, then try to add photos from the camera roll, it only displays about 10 photos that I can import, when in fact there are over 300 on the camera roll already imported.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I import my photos to the Ipad from the SD - Lightning adapter and they just go straight into the camera roll.

I'm able to edit in the Apple Ipad photo software but I prefer lightroom as that's what I use for most of my work.

Should I be importing a different way?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers,

Mitch

• 1. Re: Lightroom import problem - Ipad Pro
          Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Mitch,

Please remove all the Images from Lightroom Mobile App if possible then try to re-import from the Camera Roll.

Regards,

~Mohit

• 2. Re: Lightroom import problem - Ipad Pro
            Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

If the images are already imported that is why they don't show up, IE they are already imported into LR Mobile. That is the way it works. Once you import an image it doesn't show up for import again.

• 3. Re: Lightroom import problem - Ipad Pro
              john beardsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Mitch208 wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I'm having problems importing photos from the camera roll (on my Ipad Pro) into the Adobe Lightroom Ipad application.

If I open the lightroom application on the Ipad, then try to add photos from the camera roll, it only displays about 10 photos that I can import, when in fact there are over 300 on the camera roll already imported.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I import my photos to the Ipad from the SD - Lightning adapter and they just go straight into the camera roll.

These aren't raw files, are they? Are you trying to get raw files directly into LrM on the iPad? If so, you can't do so - it's not how it is designed.

• 4. Re: Lightroom import problem - Ipad Pro
                matthewd83878708

I looks like iOS 10 is going to allow for raw file imports, if this is the case no more PC required, simply transfer from DSLR direct to iPad via SD card reader etc      

• 5. Re: Lightroom import problem - Ipad Pro
                  Bob Somrak Level 5

I have been transferring RAW CR2 files to my IPAD for several years (it worked on my iPad 1) and could review them in the Photos app.  It was a great field backup and I could delete the ones I didn't want.  Then I could copy the RAW files to the iMac or PC and have the raw file.

If you are talking about transferring RAW from the Camera Roll to Lightroom Mobile than that would new.

I see that they are going to save RAW files from the iPad/iphone camera but that is different than import.