3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2015 2:13 PM by Asymetrical

Timeline gets out of sync when I animate a graphic

draganam68733824

Hi!

So lets say I am animating a person and then I go into the hand graphic move it around and it looks alright in the graphic. once i go out though and like move the person around or something the hand motion is out of sync with the whole thing. How do i make it stop happening?

Or how do i get it back into sync?

Thank you and have some great holidays!

• 1. Re: Timeline gets out of sync when I animate a graphic
          Asymetrical Adobe Community Professional

If you're moving something inside a hand symbol and then you go out to the main stage and the hand is not in the same position it's likely that your Looping in the proprieties box has a different frame set for that frame on the main stage. Select the hand symbol on the stage, go to the Properties box (Windows/Properties) and look at the Looping area to see hat frame it's on. IF it's on Loop then the hand symbol will change as the Playhead moves along the timeline. IF you set it to Single frame it will only display the frame that you have it set for. Maybe that's your problem? IF not, you can also upload the file and we might be able to help out better if we can see what's going on.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Timeline gets out of sync when I animate a graphic
            draganam68733824 Level 1

Hi!

Thanks for answering!

Loop isnt the problem I got that one down.

But its more like in the graphic i move the animation and it starts at like frame 7.

And when i get out it suddenly isnt playing on frame 7 its playing on like frame 8 or n9.

I know this can happen when I animate something and then move the basic graphic around but is there a way to fix that? Because when I animate with sounds I animate with the sound and with actual frames like in the base one.

So when i go into base and the whole graphic starts at 5 then it will start counting at 5 and not at 1.

So the animation starts 5 frames later then it should.

Can I get this into syng somehow so that even if the outtest graphic is starting on frame 5 that the smaller graphics inside the graphic will  still start counting at frame 1.

I hope that makes scense..

• 3. Re: Timeline gets out of sync when I animate a graphic
              Asymetrical Adobe Community Professional

Hmmm, well there's only two things I can think of... one is that the art you're using is just too dense and heavy for the processor to play it correctly or like I initially said your looping is set to frame 7 on the first frame of the main timeline so when you playing  it doesn't start at frame 1. Flash is absolutely capable of playing something in sync as I do it daily for work. Like I initially said if you want to upload the file I'll see if I can fix it for you.

1 person found this helpful