1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 2, 2009 12:34 AM by ThinkInk

Replacing jpg slice with swf. Display problems in Firefox

punklito
      I have an html page that I created in Photoshop, sliced up and published. I opened it in Contribute and replaced one of the slices with an swf of the same dimentions. Now, in Firefox and IE the table doesn't align anymore. It shows fine in Safari. Here's the link: http://www.timothyabraham.com/bio.html Any ideas? I've also attatched the code of the page.

Thanks,

Punklito
        • 1. Re: Replacing jpg slice with swf. Display problems in Firefox
          ThinkInk Level 2
          There are some things wrong in your source:

1. you have two body tags!
          a - <body onLoad="MM_preloadImages('images/indexover_08.jpg')">
          b - <body bgcolor="#000000" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" onLoad="MM_preloadImages('images/indexover_08.jpg','images/indexover_14.jpg','images/inde xover_16.jpg','images/indexover_13.jpg','images/indexover_05.jpg')">

You will have to create one, delete one and put the style in your css body declaration:

---

2. there are errors in your css
          a - body {font: 14px/1.7 Verdana, Geneva, Arial, sans-serif;} should be body {font: 14px Verdana, Geneva, Arial, sans-serif;}
          b - width: 100%x; should be width: 100%;

---

3. About the flash displaying wrong in firefox, that's a css problem, you can add this to your css to solve it:

object {
          line-height:0px;
          margin:0px;
          padding:0px;
          font-size:0px;
          }
          embed {
          line-height:0px;
          margin:0px;
          padding:0px;
          font-size:0px;
          }

---

4. furthermore you can embed flash using javascript (swfObject or AC_RunActiveContent.js from Adobe) (so people will not have to activate the object first like in opera, ie), the embed gap problem does not seem to be there in firefox when you use javascript to embed the flash...

---

I attached the source without the errors. I removed the javascript preload part, because you do not seem to preload anything in your page