• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Authorizing & de-authorizing a device

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My old ASUS tablet is completely defunct. I need to de-authorize this device, but the only help I can find asks me to plug the live device into my computer. Since the device is inoperable that won't work. How can I get this device deauthorized? I also need to authorize my new tablet. I was able to do this with ADE, but the related Overdrive app (which uses my ADE ID) is not recognizing the ebooks that ADE shows, so I can't read them using Overdrive. The only Overdrive Help I can find says to click on the "Devices" header under Settings, but when I log in with my library ID, it doesn't give me any "Devices" header and refers me to my local library for support--but this is not an issue the library can help with since the ebooks don't belong to the library. I purchased them. Overdrive doesn't apparently provide any support of its own. I've also tried to sign in with Facebook (failed) and Overdrive doesn't recognize my email address as having an account with them. I tried Adobe support, but they were not helpful. Does anybody know what I can do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you get the error message to many activation you can reset the activation over chat over the customer support: https://helpx.adobe.com/de/contact.html

Do you get a other error message when you try to authorize your reader, write this in this trend and we can check if we can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying to help but I already tried the chat and was told that Adobe didn't support digital media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is right only reset of activation the chat support can make. Have you explicit ask for reset of activation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2016 Jun 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link goes to a GERMAN site ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry. Englisch can found under: Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines