1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 29, 2015 9:22 AM by trshaner

Print to File issue.

iggy41144

I thought I posted this earlier this morn but I don't see it so trying again..

I used some calendar templates.in Lightroom recently

This year I thought I would be smart and set up each calendar,then in the print module use print to file..

Then I could go in and print what I needed using a standard 8.5x11 template.This way I could quickly mix and match the months

Worked as I thought, until I cut and put in the cd case.

Lo and behold they were a lot smaller (4 1/4 x 5) then if I had printed the template as designed in the module by just hitting print  when doing that they are basically 1/4 of an inch larger in all demsions

I know I am taking a stretch here in asking you, but do you have any idea why that happened, and if so, what would my fix be

• 1. Re: Print to File issue.
          trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Just a guess. When you print to file the image file takes on the full paper size dimensions (8.5" x 11"). If you then print that image file on a printer without "borderless" capability it will shrink the image by the amount of the minimum printer margins. You can try using Custom File Dimensions. Keep in mind when printing the image file it will "fill" the printable paper area based on the longest dimension. You may need to adjust the custom dimensions based on a few trial prints to get the printed image size correct (i.e. full-size).