11 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2016 2:48 PM by Pacesetter747

Lightroom Mobile doesn't load photos

penderra Level 1

Whenever I open Lightroom Mobile on my android tablet, I get a message that it's loading my pictures, then nothing but an empty screen. Although the cloud icon sits continually with the dots moving, nothing happens. If I then sign out and back in, the folders and photos (9000+) load immediately and I can proceed as normal.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

• 1. Re: Lightroom Mobile doesn't load photos
          Pacesetter747

similar problems - can download to iPad and iPhone, but nothing uploads and have multiple folders saying "other lightroom mobile device" in which the photo folder says invalid. I have tried signing out of lightroom on both iPad and iPhone but get nowhere. My iPad and iPhone say they have synced everything, but it doesn't appear in the navigation folder and the action bar at the top left says synchronising folder ....01027 but nothing happens  - it is driving me nuts

• 2. Re: Lightroom Mobile doesn't load photos
            greule Adobe Employee

Hi Anne, could you please double check the permissions for the directory ....  /Users/<your user>/Pictures/Lightroom   ?

Lr Desktop needs read&write permission. In addition is a "Mobile Downloads.lrdata" part of your Lightroom dir?

-

Guido

• 3. Re: Lightroom Mobile doesn't load photos
              arjunhaarith Adobe Employee

Hi,

Is this happening every time you launch the application?

Do you have to sign out and sign in all the time in order to see your photos , also what version of Lightroom are you using currently?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Arjun

• 4. Re: Lightroom Mobile doesn't load photos
                Pacesetter747 Level 1

Thanks Guido - I have checked permissions and they are fine I can read and write to both. My iPad and iPhone sync to each other but not to desktop Mac.

Thanks Arjun too for offering help - I may have been really foolish

I’m using lightroom 2015.3 I’ve attached the link Dropbox - ADobesome screen shots of the navigator pane etc to see if it helps you tell me how to rectify this

This started when I moved my lightroom database to an external hardrive - I’ve subsequently found that the mobile downloads cant be moved, but I had left the orginal in situ and didn’t delete it so I thought should be OK - again screen shot attached showing where it is.

However, I obviously did upset it because it stopped syncing photos taken by my iphone.

In an attempt to reset the system I pressed the delete all data that has just removed all the mobile sync buttons from my collections. If I create a new collection there is no option to sync it.

Also I now have 4 mobile folders which dont delete and all say invalid including the ipad folder and my iphone folder has disappeared!

My iphone and ipad seem to work fine and sync between themselves just not talking to my mac

Not sure what to do - any help welcome!

• 5. Re: Lightroom Mobile doesn't load photos
                  penderra Level 1

Yes, every time.

I have also noticed that there are files on mobile which I have already stopped  syncing on the desktop. I think that they are there from an old catalog which I had before a disk crash, and now there is no way I can delete them without going to each file individually and deleting it. Is there some way I can clear out all the cloud version and start again?

I am using the very latest version of LR.

• 6. Re: Lightroom Mobile doesn't load photos
                    arjunhaarith Adobe Employee

Can you long tap on the Lightroom icon , go to the 'App Info' and tap on Clear data ?

This would clear all the data from the app and gives you a fresh start.

Before clearing the data, please be noted :

1) If there are any photos/collections in the free user / subscription expiry status, then those would be cleared off, as they are not synced.

2) If the photos are part of your catalog (after sign in), then those photos would be synced, and you can get those photos as they are retrieved from the server.

3) If there are any unsynced photos which are edited locally, those would be cleared as well.

Also, please make sure to sync the data before clearing.

If you have any queries, please let me know.

Thanks,

Arjun

• 7. Re: Lightroom Mobile doesn't load photos
                      penderra Level 1

I have already tried that, clearing both the cache and the data, but the files are still there

• 8. Re: Lightroom Mobile doesn't load photos
                        penderra Level 1

I have now found that it is possible to delete multiple files on the desktop browser, so I have cleared them all out that way. I imagine that this might also have an effect on the app opening

• 9. Re: Lightroom Mobile doesn't load photos
                          Pacesetter747 Level 1

Thanks - I have deleted  the App both from my iPad and iPhone but to no avail. I can sync things to my devices from my Mac, but I can't get items from them on to my Mac - just sits there saying sync 96 items. I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling lightroom which gives me a new lightroom mobile file, but continues to have the invalid folders. All the files are in creative cloud and I can download them to the deal top but it is just a cumbersome work round when it used to sync both from mac to iPhone/ iPad and the other way!

I shall just have to give up

• 10. Re: Lightroom Mobile doesn't load photos
                            greule Adobe Employee

Hi Anne,

could you please send me a LR Desktop diagnostig log  - best as a private message with a downloadable dropbox link.

You can trigger the log via LR Desktop preferences -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the alt key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button-

- Guido/ Lr Mobile QE

• 11. Re: Lightroom Mobile doesn't load photos
                              Pacesetter747 Level 1

Thank you.

I'm away from home this weekend. I'll try to do as you suggest and send it to you on Sunday night/ Monday

Thanks

Anne

Sent from my iPad