3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2009 10:33 AM by Ben Minson

publishing WebHelp

ilundy77 Level 1
      hi,

my name is ian. i'm still learning to use robohelp for html. forgive me, i'm sure this question is really basic to many of you, but when publishing webhelp to a server (to make help system available on company intranet), which files do include? here is my pathway: C:\Documents and Settings\lundyi\My Documents\My RoboHelp Projects\Vault Support Center\!SSL!\WebHelp

do i publish all files in the "WebHelp" folder?

thx in advance,

ian
        • 1. Re: publishing WebHelp
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi Ian

Yes, all the files and folders inside that folder are intended to be published.

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: publishing WebHelp
            ilundy77 Level 1
            thx, rick...one more question: my web administrator has asked me to zip all the WebHelp files into one compressed folder. i'm pretty sure i can't create subfolders in a zip file. does that mean that i should include the files that are in WebHelp subfolders as loose files?

hope that makes sense...thx!

ian
            • 3. Re: publishing WebHelp
              Ben Minson Level 2
              Ian,

Zipping the topmost WebHelp folder should preserve all subfolders, even though if you double-click on the resulting .zip file, it looks like everything is all at the same level. If you want to reassure yourself, zip it all up and then unzip it in a different location on your hard drive to see the results.

--Ben