• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have problem to open my purchased books (from konobooks, ebookmall, etc) after a disk crash & reinstalling of ADE. Please sent me a e-mail to tell you more detail about the problem

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sir or Madam
I ' ve purchased a lot of e-books from a number of suppliers (Ebookmall, cobobooks, etc), like the one attached. All these were readable through the services of Adobe Digital Editions(pdf & epub format).Unfortunately I had a disk crash in summer & I retrieved many of my archives, including the e-books , which i' ve purchached, through data recovery. After that I have try to open the above book through ADE 4.5 but it appeared a message like the one attached.Exactly the same message appears in all efforts to open similar e-books like the one attached.In the same time I' ve use my lap-top to open my e-books , using ADE 3.0. Regarding this process , the ADE system requires authorisation & after that , it began to load the book. However , even after the competion of the loading bar, the systen is not able to load the book.
As i 've spent a lot of money for these books, all the time using the good services of Adobe Digital Editions, I like to have, please , a solution regarding my problems. I can't attach the ebook-sample. Furthemore i can't authorize my Deckstop ADE , because the system tells thai I use the same e-mail & password in other devise (my laptop)

Yours Faithfully

Spanos Christos

00.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Macintosh:

1. Open Adobe Digital Wditions.
  2. Press Command+Shift+D to deauthorize Adobe Digital Editions.
  3. Select Erase Authorization.
  4. Click OK and quit Adobe Digital Editions.
  5. Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
    If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later.
  6. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Windows:

1. Close all applications.
  2. Choose Start > Run.
  3. In the Open text box, type regedit and then

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macintosh:

1. Open Adobe Digital Wditions.
  2. Press Command+Shift+D to deauthorize Adobe Digital Editions.
  3. Select Erase Authorization.
  4. Click OK and quit Adobe Digital Editions.
  5. Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
    If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later.
  6. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Windows:

1. Close all applications.
  2. Choose Start > Run.
  3. In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
  5. Select the Adept key.
  6. Choose File > Export.
  7. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
  8. Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
  9. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
  10. Close the Registry Editor.
  11. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2016 Jan 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have apply all these actions & authorize the ADE but still I can't open my purchased e-books

Christos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2016 Jan 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you open the eBook before you authorize right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had open my e-books, only before my disc crah and data recovery. After this I cant't open my e-books , even after reinstalling & re-authorizing my ADE 3.0 (Windows 7, Ultimate Editions). I have the same problem with all my purchased books (about 30-40) from various suppliers (Kobooks, ebokmal e.t.c.) Books freely downloaded from internet are capable to open, via ADE.

Christos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you used the same Adobe ID as on the old hard disc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2016 Jan 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as remember I have used the same ID, for sure the same e-mail & the same name & surname. Can you make a check from your database?

Christos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2016 Jan 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO Staff Person, only a Person how try to help. If you not sure which adobe id you used contact the reseller of the eBooks he can check the authorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am quite sure that I have use the same Adobe ID

Christos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then contact the reseller of the eBooks he can check the authorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines