• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will there be a newer version of Flash Builder?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently you have Flash Builder 4.7. This has been the latest version for over 2 years. Adobe has ditched the name "Flash" (Animate CC), which i totally get and understand! Okay, change the name "Flash Builder" into "Air Builder CC"... Can we just know that Flash Builder is still supported.

Thank you for still supporting Air with the latest version of 20. I find myself still invested in AS3, and Air for immersive IOS and Google games. But i can't help but think of alternatives the less i find support for Flash Builder. Thank you for keeping Air, Starling and AS3 alive. I can't say the same for Flash Builder. Will there be a newer version of Flash Builder??? (Air Builder)

Lots of people would like to know if Flash Builder is still supported.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have very good alternatives (better alternatives) to FB.

There is good reasons to stay with AIR but there is non good reason to be tied to FB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I highly recommend using IntelliJ IDEA for AIR development. It is faster and less buggy than Flash Builder, and has a broader feature set. It is in active development with frequent releases. There is a free trial version. You need to full/standard (non-community) edition to code with ActionScript.

As hferreira pointed out, there are several alternatives.

I agree it would be nice to have a new 64-bit Flash Builder not tied to an outdated Java install. Flash Builder went downhill when it stopped supporting Flex GUI design view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I have been researching IntelliJ IDEA. Not sure if i'm ready to make the jump just yet. Flash Builder does all that i need it to do now. I'll just wait and see, and hopefully Adobe continues to support it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm happy using IIDEA for about 1 year.

Goodbye IDE freeze, bugs, unsupported, etc ...

There is absolutely no reasons to stay with FB. I was a user of FB since version 3.0 (so many years now) and took me about 1 week to master IIDEA but I believe that was a very good investment. I don't believe that we will see ever a FB update.

I started with a very small test project to check the IIDEA features and compare with I already know in FB than started moving projects until I remove completely FB from my system.

The down side of IIDEA is that they move the license to SAAS (fortunately I have a old license but if I need to upgrade it's a issue for me).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines