Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I clean install flash player windows 10 64 bit

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FUCKYOU.png

I keep getting this error when I try to run xsplit on my computer, and I have come to the conclusion that the version of flash that was pre-installed on this computer has become corrupt.  I had two blue-screens earlier today while working on a large photoshop CC project, I believe that's when it started.

I tried this How do I do a clean install of Flash Player? but no gravy.

Is it wrong of me to want to be able to uninstall a program on a computer that I own without having to get permission?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On windows 10 you cannot do a true clean install, you can come close, but no cigar, uninstalling the integrated version that is native to Windows 10 could prove fatal to your system.

If you click on my name on these forums, then go to my sourceforge link in my profile then click under the green button browse all files. Go to the BAT version folder and grab either of the two files there, that should preform the closest think to a clean install of flash player(s) without deleting the OS files.

Hopefully that assists you

Best Regards

P.S. I hope you did not mess with the permissions of those file also try running windows updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried both, but it didn't get anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1) did you fool, try to fool with, or try to modify the contents of C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed , any of the sub folders or files in any way? IF you did it is beyond the scope of this forum. You can also try opening an elevated command prompt an use the following command:

sfc /scannow

If that does not work, you try two more times, re-booting between, You can also try running

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

all that is outlined here in option 3:

Windows 10 Forums

2) Is this a browser or some kind of home brew application?

3) Windows update is the only way to uninstall or update flash player that is integrated into the operating system.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines