1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 30, 2015 4:51 PM by CtDave

Creating 'open file' link for an EPUB in a pdf

samfredrowe

Hello,

I am using Adobe Acrobat Version 10.1.1 and have been trying to create a link inside a pdf that opens an EPUB file that is saved to my computer...

This pdf needs to be sent via email to several recipients who will not have this file saved to their computer.

I have created the link on the slide I want and attached the EPUB file using 'Attachments' in the Navigation Panes and the link works on my machine.

HOWEVER,

when I send the pdf via email to myself and download the pdf, the link DOES NOT work but the file saved to 'Attachments' DOES work and can be opened.

This is the error message I get when I click on the link in the pdf that I downloaded from my email ...

Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 16.38.28.png

How can I link this EPUB to my pdf so it can be emailed to others and the link still work?

Thank you!

Sam

• 1. Re: Creating 'open file' link for an EPUB in a pdf
          CtDave Level 5

Some else, on their computer, is not going to have access to files on your computer.

The link path to the target file must be one that the software can actually traverse.

Keep in mind that neither Acrobat nor Reader open epub file format.

Having the epub file attached to a PDF lets that PDF be emailed.

The email recipient  can save a copy of the attached file to the local machine and open it with the appropriate application.

Be well...