1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 30, 2015 10:47 AM by Dave LaRonde

After Effects CS6 won't launch....opengl error

stephenm41932239

I installed Adobe Master collection CS6.  I try to open After Effects, but it errors out then crashes.  The error it gives talks about an OpenGl error.  Can anyone help with this?  My GPU is a Sapphire Radeon R9 290.  I am running Windows 10 x64.  I spoke with a customer service rep but got cut off.  She told me to check the event log for the faulting module name, which is atig6txx.dll.  I spoke to a new representative once I was cut off of the previous one.  This rep told me that Chat and calling do not support CS6 or older anymore, and the only way to get help was through this forum.  The actual error it gives when trying to launch is:  "After Effects error:  After Effects crashed previously attempting to initialize OpenGL.  Consult the manufacturer of your graphics cad for a compatible OpenGL driver."....which I have and can't find anything.  Once I click okay, it then says:  "After Effects error:  Crash in progress.  Last logged message was: <6600> <GPUManager> <2> Sniffer Result Code: 1".  After that, another error pops up:  "After Effects can't continue: sorry, After Effects has crashed.  For After Effects Help and Support, go to htto://www.adobe.com/go/learn_ae_support.  If you still can't resolve the issue, please contact Adobe Technical Support (2).  (0::42).  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!