4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2015 8:58 PM by joecos55

print to a 4x6 printer

joecos55

I just picked up an Olympus 4x6 printer. plan was to use it at an event to shoot Photo Booth type photos. from the MAC preview window the photos print fine they fill the whole 4x6 sheet.  from the Lightroom print module I get an image partially printed in one side of the sheet.

I have tried all kinds of settings in page set up its set to 4x6, the print dialog says 4x6 .

How would I set the print module up to print a full 4x6 on a single 4x6 sheet

Thank you

Joe Cosentino

• 1. Re: print to a 4x6 printer
          wobertc Adobe Community Professional

You have tried all kinds of settings...

Recheck the essentials-

Ignore print template Presets in Lightroom!

Set paper size and orientation in the Printer Setup (and never click a template preset!)

Check all Margins in LR Print Layout are at Minimum.

Check both the 'Cell Size' sliders are at Maximum.

I hope for your success.

• 2. Re: print to a 4x6 printer
            joecos55 Level 1

Thank you for the reply, Now I get a blank print.  I like your idea of not using a template, I think thats the answer because it printed fine from the preview app.  I just have to check the right boxes

• 3. Re: print to a 4x6 printer
              wobertc Adobe Community Professional

A blank print!  Troubles indeed.

I am not much help further than- Recheck your complete Printer Setup and LR settings.

! you must set Paper size in the Printer Setup. If you had previously selected a LR template (even a 6x4 template) it defaults paper size to A4 or 'Letter' paper. ie. LR tries to print a 6x4 on A4 paper. It took me ages to find out this catch.

• 4. Re: print to a 4x6 printer
                joecos55 Level 1

Wobertc, thank you I wanted to give both of you guys a correct answer but it wouldn't let me do 2  I went back and set all the defaults I could and it seems to be working now  well after a couple of really bad paper jams.  Not sure if this printer is really going to do the job it was cheap and I thought I would try.  I should have know better