That's rather normal. All your images are still on your old computer and you didn't transfer those to your new computer. Just transfer them over as well as your catalog file and open that in Lightroom on the new computer. For presets you need to transfer over the preferences files and presets which are hidden in hidden folders on the Mac. Therefore, with Macs, when I upgrade machines, I usually simply restore from a backup on the new computer (really easy with Time Machine backups) or direct from the old machine (somewhat harder). This will give you all the files and settings and software installed as on the old machine right away and you can just keep going. This is not something that Adobe can really help you with by the way, but you could have an Apple Store person help you out with that if you are not comfortable with moving stuff to a new machine.
Lightroom cc is simply an updated version of Lightroom 5. CC requires a monthly subscription fee which you are apparently paying for. You were not using the software you were paying for if you were using Lightroom 5 on the old machine.
1 person found this helpful
Hi Amy Bray,
For Lightroom 5/CC:-
- Do you still have Lightroom Presets showing on that computer?
- Check these locations on your old computer and check if you can find Lightroom Presets
Windows:- C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\[preset or template folder]\[preset or template filename.lrtemplate]
MAC:- /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/[preset or template folder]/[preset or template filename.lrtemplate]
Or you can locate them from Lightroom itself.
- Select "Show Lightroom Presets folder"
- Navigate to Edit>>Preferences>>Presets(Windows) Preferences>>Presets(MAC)
- Now once you have transferred all your Presets to an external drive.You can now put them into Lightroom on new MAC.
- Simply select "Show Lightroom Presets Location" on new computer.
- Copy paste the Presets over and its done
- Restart Lightroom and check if you find your Presets.
Simply locate your catalog from Lightroom on Older computer and copy it to new computer.
To locate catalog Select Lightroom>>Catalog settings >>Show
For Photoshop CC:-
Simply Follow Migrate presets in Photoshop CC manually.