5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2015 9:23 AM by dcfreelancelot

I need to make a video like this.

SourMash

Well a friend of mine need a video like this: Chelsea FC Home Kit 2015/16 -- If It's Not Blue, It Will Be -- adidas Football - YouTube

I need help about making the effect where change the jacket for the shirt, It seems like It's a frame cut but i also need the particle effect that shows up when they change it.

Sorry for my grammar and thank you in advance.

• 1. Re: I need to make a video like this.
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

99% of the success in these kinds of transitions comes from very careful camera work with on set playback of the previous shot so you can precisely match up the talent's position. You can get away with imperfect matches in body position if you shoot a lot of takes and take some warping liberties with the footage in post but these shots match so closely that it's highly likely that they had playback and video overlay capabilities on the set so they could match up body position and hand position.

The particle (smoke) effects can be recreated with Trapcode Particular (best option) or with a combination of AE's standard effects. The process is too complex to go into in a post. I would worry about how I was going to shoot the shots first, do some tests, then see how that works out. If you don't have the technology or technique to get nearly identical matching shots on set you may want to consider a transition that is masked by some other effect like a lens flair or flash.

• 2. Re: I need to make a video like this.
            dongvan03

You may download and install trapcode suite and red giant. However, I am not sure whether it work out or not. Wish you success!!

Vay tín chấp, so sánh lãi suất vay tín chấp ngân hàng

• 3. Re: I need to make a video like this.
              dcfreelancelot Level 2

The magic is all in the editing.  Otherwise, I doubt there was any camera movement on set.  Most likely shot full-body on greenscreen with a locked down camera at 4K and then scaled down to fit a 1080 frame - allowing the editor to frame and match up the shots and create the subtle zoom in post.

The guy who's jersey changes at the end - shoot him once in the first jersey, then again in the 2nd jersey and repeat the action - just tell the guy to keep his stance/posture/look/movement and torso rotation the same - they're athletes, they're used to repeating the same actions over and over again.

As for the smoke, just grab one of the thousands of stock smoke footage from istock or shutterstock.  There's nothing special about that puff of smoke - it's not interacting with the players at all - just a simple screen overlay.

• 4. Re: I need to make a video like this.
                Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

dcfreelancelot wrote:

The magic is all in the editing.  ....

The guy who's jersey changes at the end - shoot him once in the first jersey, then again in the 2nd jersey and repeat the action - just tell the guy to keep his stance/posture/look/movement and torso rotation the same - they're athletes, they're used to repeating the same actions over and over again.

You can't get the perfect match unless you have some kind of reference on set. I doubt this was green screen. There is no need. What you need is a reference on set to match the position of the actor, the pose, the hand positions and even the way the cloths hang, then you shoot a bunch of takes and pick the one that matches the best. Trying to do that kind of position matching in post by just telling your actors to stand in the same place and match the pose has about as much chance of success as winning the lottery. See my first post.

The only way you can reliably get away with just telling or directing your actors into position is to shoot wide enough to allow for some repositioning (in this case green screen may help a bit) and then hiding the mis alignment with some warping or distortion effects over two or three frames before and after the cut. There is no magic here. It's all in the pre production planning and the quality of the work on set.

• 5. Re: I need to make a video like this.
                  dcfreelancelot Level 2

Rick, I think you've mistaken my reply to the original poster as a statement of disagreement with your post.  Not at all the case.  I agree there was most certainly some form of playback on set.

I do, however, still believe it was shot on greenscreen - would you risk having to spend for another day of shoots when the client decides in editing "I don't like the background - let's change it"?