1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 15, 2016 1:39 PM by Jeff Almasol

appliction was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)

YahyaHero

Hello i have after effects 15 when i try to open character animator say to me (The appliction was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b) click ok to close the application) please help please!!!

Untitled.png

PLEASE HELP!!!

• 1. Re: appliction was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)
          Jeff Almasol Adobe Employee

Does it crash immediately after double-clicking the application icon shortcut, or after several seconds?

Are you using the latest Preview (Preview 3) of Character Animator? You can tell which one you have by opening a Windows Explorer window, navigating to the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Character Animator (Preview)\Support Files\ folder, right-clicking Character Animator.exe, choosing Properties, then seeing what it says in the General tab for Description. If it's Preview 2 or Preview 1, please try updating to the latest preview release by launching the Creative Cloud desktop application, then installing the latest update for After Effects CC (2015).

If that still doesn't solve the issue, can you describe your Windows 10 system -- are you using Windows 10 Home, Pro, or some other edition? What sort of graphics card are you using, and do you have the latest qualified/support graphics driver for it? I'm assuming you're not trying to launch Character Animator from a virtual machine such as VMWare, Hyper-V, etc.?

Thanks.