30 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2017 12:49 PM by rebeccaw18359815

Cursor/eyedropper location error

George in Seattle Level 1

See attached phonecam shot of my screen:  The white balance selector is clearly on the cloudy sky and yet it is selecting the surfer's blue arm.  This makes this tool very difficult to use. The same thing happens with the regular cursor with regard to the reporting the RGB numbers under the histogram --they are all shifted by a certain number of pixels. This shift-bug also occurs with the tone curve cursor and the HSL cursor.  For whatever reason it does NOT occur with spot removal.  I suspect this has to do with the fact that I am using a high DPI screen while on the road because this does not occur on my desktop. I am using 6.1 on a surface pro 3 i7. I have tried "use graphics processor" both checked and unchecked with no difference. I have also messed with the touchscreen settings to no avail.  This bug has occurred on two different Surfaces, windows 8.1, windows 10,  and at least as far back as lightroom release 5.

Since it involves the cursor I had to take a phone cam shot of my screen to show the bug (hence the moire pattern).  All the search terms I can think of are too general to produce any hits about this problem.  Still I am surprised I cant find any hits.  Anyone see this before and, how to fix?

1230151542_HDR.jpg