3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2009 6:00 PM by

I need help with HTTP Request procedure

This is the message I get from debugging, attempting a HTTPService Request as follow
      <mx:Application .....initialize="myService.send()">
      import mx.rpc.events.ResultEvent;
      <mx:HHTPService id="myService" url="data/myInfo.xml" result="resultHandler(event)"/> :

[SWF] C:\Documents and Settings\ArchiMaster\My Documents\Flex Projects\krsl_corp\bin-debug\krsl_corp.swf - 786,719 bytes after decompression
      [RPC Fault faultString="HTTP request error" faultCode="Server.Error.Request" faultDetail="Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032: Stream Error. URL: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/ArchiMaster/My%20Documents/Flex%20Projects/krsl_cor p/bin-debug/data/ilungas.xml"]. URL: data/ilungas.xml"]
      at mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/ http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::faultHandler()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\project s\rpc\src\mx\rpc\AbstractInvoker.as:216
      at mx.rpc::Responder/fault()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\Responder.as:49 ]
      at mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/fault()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\AsyncRequest .as:103]
      at DirectHTTPMessageResponder/errorHandler()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\mes saging\channels\DirectHTTPChannel.as:343]
      at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
      at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
      at flash.net::URLLoader/redirectEvent()

What does it mean? also, I am not using the default workspace, so Flex only created the ".metadata" but not the "configuration" file, therefore, I had to copy an paste the one from the default workspace. So, how do you get Flex to create both files regardless of workspace location? I really need help. Thank you!
        • 1. Re: I need help with HTTP Request procedure
          rtalton Level 4
          Looks like the error message is saying that "data/ilungas.xml" can't be found. You use url="data/myInfo.xml" in your service. They don't match.
          • 2. Re: I need help with HTTP Request procedure
            I've changed codes to match and I get the same result. Help me!!!
            Here's the debugging outpour:

[SWF] C:\Documents and Settings\ArchiMaster\My Documents\Flex Builder 3\krsl_corp\bin-debug\krsl_corp.swf - 786,732 bytes after decompression
            [RPC Fault faultString="HTTP request error" faultCode="Server.Error.Request" faultDetail="Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032: Stream Error. URL: http://localhost/ilungas.xml" URL: http://localhost/ilungas.xml"
            at mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/ http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::faultHandler()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\project s\rpc\src\mx\rpc\AbstractInvoker.as:216
            at mx.rpc::Responder/fault()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\Responder.as:49 ]
            at mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/fault()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\AsyncRequest .as:103]
            at DirectHTTPMessageResponder/errorHandler()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\mes saging\channels\DirectHTTPChannel.as:343]

Thank you for attention to my troubles.
            • 3. Re: I need help with HTTP Request procedure
              I also did save "ilungas.xml" within the same directory than my project, and then referenced it simply as folow <mx:...url= "ilungas.xml" /> to no avail. I don't think I will be able to resolve this on my own. Please help!

[SWF] C:\Documents and Settings\ArchiMaster\My Documents\Flex Builder 3\krsl_corp\bin-debug\krsl_corp.swf - 786,715 bytes after decompression
              [RPC Fault faultString="HTTP request error" faultCode="Server.Error.Request" faultDetail="Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032: Stream Error. URL: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/ArchiMaster/My%20Documents/Flex%20Builder%203/krsl_ corp/bin-debug/ilungas.xml"]. URL: ilungas.xml"]