4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2016 11:38 AM by luke Infinger

ADOBE RAM PREVIEW ISSUE WITH EL CAPITAN

luke Infinger Level 1

I am dealing with an issue. When I hit the button to RAM preview, frame-by-frame I can hear the audio. This is extremely annoying! I do not want to hear the audio until full playback. Has anyone else dealt with this?

• 1. Re: ADOBE RAM PREVIEW ISSUE WITH EL CAPITAN
          DrStrik9 Level 4

About 90% of the time, audio doesn't show up AT ALL here in a RAM preview. I'm always surprised (and delighted) when it DOES.

I'm having to render out successive movies to hear how well (or not so well) the audio actually works. When I do hear those little stops and starts when RAM preview is being built, I am excited, because I know I will hear the audio when it's finished.  :+)

• 2. Re: ADOBE RAM PREVIEW ISSUE WITH EL CAPITAN
            dissidently Level 1

It's all buggy, at this stage. Probably will be until mid next year.

Yes, I do mean mid 2017.

• 3. Re: ADOBE RAM PREVIEW ISSUE WITH EL CAPITAN
              michaelb82319100 Level 1

If you update to the latest version, there is an audio button in the preview panel where you can turn off the audio during RAM previews.  If you want real-time playback, try mousing over the playback window and hitting the ~ tilde key to solo the panel.  By hiding the timeline and the moving playhead it might work.  I have given up on even hoping for real time playback or audio and would love for CC2015 to not crash on me or stop grabbing layers and key frames and not letting go.  I have a brand new iMac and it shipped with El Capitan.  CC2015 is unusable in a professional studio and AE CC 2014 is more stable.  I have found CC 2015 to be more reliable on a cheese grater Mac Pro tower running Mavericks.  Our hope is to have a working 2015 in 2016!

Adobe After Effects CC 2015.1 version 13.6.1.6

OS X El Capitan

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

Processor 4 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 32 GB

Graphics AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB

• 4. Re: ADOBE RAM PREVIEW ISSUE WITH EL CAPITAN
                luke Infinger Level 1

I did fix this issue in preferences.

AE FIX.png