6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2017 1:24 AM by flpa

Where is this codec (MXF OP1a AVCI 100) in AE CC 2015?  I need help fast!

johnt53984649 Level 2

Please read the following very carefully and don't misinterpret anything I say; this is extremely important!  I made a bad mistake, and I need help fast!  Back in CC 2014, I would render out my comps using some codec I'm unsure of.  The final product was some MXF file.  Here's an example of a file I rendered back in AE CC 2014 as described by the properties panel in Premiere Pro CC 2015:

File Path: D:\4) Videos\Video Game Videos\SSBU\Bowser's Redemption\Bowser's Redemption.mxf

Type: MXF

File Size: 21.89 GB

Image Size: 1920 x 1080

Frame Rate: 59.94

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 24 bit - Stereo

Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo

Total Duration: 00:13:38:22

Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

Created with: Adobe After Effects CC 2014 (Windows)

MXF File details:

Wrapper type: MXF OP1a (type: SingleItem SinglePackage MultiTrack Stream Internal)

File generated by: Adobe Systems Incorporated, After Effects (13.2x49)

AVCI 100

I do not know if this codec was already installed in CC 2014 by itself of if I installed it on my own.  I know I installed Avid Codec LE back in CC 2014, and that may have given me access to render out composition using that AVCI 100 codec to become an MXF file, but when I reinstalled Avid Codec LE with CC 2015, I cannot find where to use this codec (AVCI 100) ANYWHERE.  I need to use this codec because my file space is limited and I cannot export lossessly from After Effects and Dynamic Link is a massive failure when it comes to the final render.  I MUST get this codec back into After Effects so I can start rendering with it again, but I have no idea where to find it IF it is already installed OR how to install it if it is not!  I need help and fast!  Also, the codec may be called AVC Intra 100, I'm not sure if that's different.

To sum this up in one sentence, what is everything I have to do to render out my composition as an MXF file using the OP1a AVCI 100 Codec in After Effects CC 2015?  I'm so lost and in such a hurry that I really need a step by step guide at this point.  Please help me!