1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 1, 2016 5:02 PM by Willi Adelberger

View interactive pdf in a browser

recurring3 Level 1

Hi everyone.

I am working on my porfolio and it has some interactive functions, mostly buttons, and my idea was to upload it somewhere for it to be viewed easely and without the need to download.

To be precise, this is exactly what gave me that idea https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/107572406/Portfolio.pdf 

For what i have seen, due to new policies or something it is no longer possible to get the direct link to a file from dropbox, you can only view it in their viewer and that way the interactive functions dont work. I want to make clear that when i open the file in adobe reader it does work properly.

Does anyone know a way to get the interactive functions to work in a browser?

Thank you in advance

• 1. Re: View interactive pdf in a browser
          Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

Problem is that only Acrobat can provide all functions to show a PDF properly with all functions. Browsers and other viewers are only limited to a basic PDF and this is often misrepresented.

You work with CS6, it is now an old version. But if you could subscribe to CC (what I recommend) you can also Publish Online which is supporting even more interactivity than PDF can and enables the user to download any PDF you want.

Instead of using dropbox, you should try the Send & Track function in Acrobat Pro DC.