7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2016 1:26 PM by A.T. Romano

will pse 14 play 3ggp files?

DanaZ

will pse 14 play 3ggp files?

• 1. Re: will pse 14 play 3ggp files?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

DanaZ

PSE is the abbreviation often used by most to refer to Photoshop Elements. Photoshop Elements (photo editor) does not play back 3 ggp files (video files).

What is the program that you are asking about? Elements Organizer or Premiere Elements or Photoshop Elements?

According to the Adobe document on supported import formats for Premiere Elements, "3ggp" video files are supported.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/supported-file-formats-premiere-elements.htm l

Be sure to have the latest version of QuickTime 7 installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements.

Please consider and give details. The above is a generalization until more information is given.

ATR

• 2. Re: will pse 14 play 3ggp files?
            DanaZ Level 1

I can't play 3ggp fills in premiere elements. I have loaded the newest version of quicktime without any change.

Elements photoshop says I don't have quicktime.

I am also having trouble with facial recognition not working properly. I have a hunch that my program or windows has some sort of problem.

I was wondering if I can reinstall PSE 14 without losing all the tag information in the organizer?

• 3. Re: will pse 14 play 3ggp files?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

DanaZ

There are problems trying to use 3 ggp files in the Elements Organizer 14. I have renamed the file extension from 3 ggp to .mov and .mp4 without success in being able to play its gray thumbnail in the Elements Organizer with the Elements Organizer player. I have had no problem working with that file in the Premiere Elements 14 Editor. Based on history and your interest in the Elements Organizer 14, I would suggest that you convert the file to H.264.mp4 in the free HandBrake program and then import that H.264.mp4 with constant frame rate into the Elements Organizer 14. It works.

https://handbrake.fr/

If you need any help in setting up for the conversion, please do not hesitate to ask. I will post step by step if necessary.

You wrote

Elements photoshop says I don't have quicktime.

Are you getting that information from the Elements Organizer 14 or some place else about QuickTime 7 not being installed?

Is it listed in the computer's listed of installed programs? I have QuickTime 7.7.8 installed on my computer and can confirm your problem and offer the solution above. You need QuickTime, but I suspect it is already installed on your computer. Let us double check that point.

About your questions about uninstall/reinstall and Elements Organizer tags and facial recognition, determine if anything in the following Adobe document helps.

Elements Organizer Help | Tag your media

It would be to your advantage to post those questions in the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum to take advantage of the specialized expertise there.

Photoshop Elements

Please review that above, and then let me know what supplemental information that you need.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: will pse 14 play 3ggp files?
                DanaZ Level 1

I have already uninstalled quicktime and reinstalled it from apple.com. Windows media player can play it an quicktime itself plays them.

elements photoshop and the organizer says it doesn't have the proper codes to play them. Premiere elements will play them without sound.

• 5. Re: will pse 14 play 3ggp files?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

DanaZ

Did you go through the 3 ggp to H.264.mp4 conversion with HandBrake yet as suggested. That should give you files that will play back in Elements Organizer 14 and Premiere Elements 14 Editor with video and audio components. I road tested that before original post on that suggestion. It works.

Please consider.

ATR

• 6. Re: will pse 14 play 3ggp files?
                    DanaZ Level 1

I ran the program (handbreak) it solved the problem.

I still have problems with facial recognition, will probably go to the elements section for help

thank you

• 7. Re: will pse 14 play 3ggp files?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

DanaZ

Thanks for the update and great news that the HandBrake conversion from 3 ggp to H.264.mp4 resolved your import issue of the 3 ggp the file into Elements 14. If the HandBrake solution worked for you and you are satisfied with that workaround, good. If not, we will need to explore the situation more.

The 3 ggp file is listed as supported in Premiere Elements 14. Yet, when I import a 3 ggp file (which has video and audio components), it is only the video component that gets imported into the Premiere Elements 14 project. And, I do have the latest version of QuickTime 7 installed on the computer with Premiere Elements.

If, before import of the file into Premiere Elements, I look at its audio properties in MediaInfo, I find

Format = AMR (Adaptive Multi-Rate)

Codec ID = samr

Channel = 1

Sample Rate = 8 Hz

We would have to determine if the audio component of your 3 ggp file is the same as mine.

Elements Organizer Facial Recognition help is best obtained from the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum. But,

if necessary, I will put on my Photoshop Elements hat and take a look at the feature which I rarely work with. We will be watching

for further news on that.

Best wishes

ATR