5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2016 5:13 PM by A.T. Romano

Does Premiere Elements 14 support DJI Phantom 3 Pro 4k video camera?

wineandine Level 1

Hi,

Looking for a video editing software that can support 4k video from DJI Phantom 3. The camera is a Sony EXMOR 1/2.3

• 1. Re: Does Premiere Elements 14 support DJI Phantom 3 Pro 4k video camera?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

wineandine

Premiere Elements 14 should support 4K 3840 x 2160 H.264.mp4 video. But, could you give us more information on the video specifications of your particular recording device?

It would be to your advantage to download and install the free 30 day tryout of Premiere Elements 14 to determine its compatibility with your computer environment and project goals. Premiere Elements 12/12.1, 13/13.1, and 14/14.1 have project presets and export settings for 4K sizing 3840 x 2160.

We will be watching for your further details in the morning morning.

ATR

• 2. Re: Does Premiere Elements 14 support DJI Phantom 3 Pro 4k video camera?
            wineandine Level 1

hi

Here is the information I got from the camera specifications:

CAMERA

Sensor

Sony EXMOR 1/2.3” Effective pixels: 12.4 M (total pixels: 12.76 M)

Lens

FOV 94° 20 mm (35 mm format equivalent) f/2.8, focus at ∞

ISO Range

100-3200 (video) 100-1600 (photo)

Shutter Speed

8s -1/8000s

Image Max Size

4000 x 3000

Still Photography Modes

* Single Shot

* Burst Shooting: 3/5/7 shots

* Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB): 3/5

* Bracketed Frames at 0.7EV Bias

* Time-lapse

Video Recording Modes

Phantom 3 Professional

* UHD: 4096x2160p 24/25, 3840x2160p 24/25/30

* FHD: 1920x1080p 24/25/30/48/50/60

* HD: 1280x720p 24/25/30/48/50/60

Supported File Formats

* FAT32/exFAT

* Photo: JPEG, DNG

* Video: MP4, MOV (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264)

Can you please provide the link to download the trial version? I could not find it.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Does Premiere Elements 14 support DJI Phantom 3 Pro 4k video camera?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

wineandine

Thanks for the reply.

Please explore the following link to download the free tryout of Premiere Elements 14 and let us know the outcome as your schedule permits.

Download Premiere Elements free trial | Adobe Premiere Elements

Please try first 4K 3840 x 2160 as the AVCHD.mp4 file.

We will be watching for your results as your schedule permits.

Thank you for the follow up. Appreciated.

ATR

• 4. Re: Does Premiere Elements 14 support DJI Phantom 3 Pro 4k video camera?
                wineandine Level 1

I downloaded and installed Premiere Elements. I loaded a 4k video size 4096x2160 and went to render the video, the size for 4k video was 3840x2160. Why did Premiere not render the video to match the raw video? I created a custom preset and changed the size in the basic video settings but after creating the output the video still looked like a 3840x2160. It does not fill my entire screen like the raw video does. Am I doing something wrong or is this a limitation on the trial version?

• 5. Re: Does Premiere Elements 14 support DJI Phantom 3 Pro 4k video camera?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

windandine

Thanks for the follow up. Let us go over the details. For the following I will assume that you have a NTSC set up and your video frame rate is 29.97 progressive frames per second.

Premiere Elements does not have a project preset for 4K 4096 x 2160. Please refer to what I wrote previously.

Premiere Elements 12/12.1, 13/13.1, and 14/14.1 have project presets and export settings for 4K sizing 3840 x 2160.

Please try first 4K 3840 x 2160 as the AVCHD.mp4 file.

If you let the project set the project preset for you manually based on its analysis of the first file dragged to its Timeline, you would expect the project to set the project preset to a "closest fit" one. Hopefully, it decided on

NTSC

AVCHD

QFHD 16 x 9 29.97

and, after you dragged your file to the Expert workspace Timeline, you could confirm that project settings from the following readings in Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

4K 1.JPG

At this point, you have a  4K 3840 x 2160 project and a 3840 x 2160 space in the Edit area monitor for editing purposes.

If you want a 4K 4096 x 2160 export from that Timeline content, then I would suggest the following

Export & Share

Devices

Custom and its advanced settings where you create a custom preset for the 4096 x 2160 export.

4Kcustom.JPG

My original suggestion of 3840 x 2160 recording, with 3840 x 2160 project preset, would have the suggested export of

Export & Share

Devices

Computer

with choice of

4K Ultra HD 3840 x 2160 with format MP4 - XAVC-S

Please consider. Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On....The tryout for 14 is full featured.