- Which version of LR are you using?
- Which OS version?
- Is your OS compatible with the version of LR that you are using?
I have no idea where to check the lightroom version.. ( care to shed some light?) but I downloaded the latest lightroom which if i remember correctly is.. 6.1 ?
I'm currently using windows 10 .
To answer your last question.. yes and no? I was able to run it until yesterday when I tried booting up, nothing happened. and no as in..i have no idea of its compatibility . My guess was it is compatible as I was able to run it.
Windows 10 is compatible with LR 6, so it should work .
Use this link to download Lightroom 6
- Install Photoshop Lightroom
- Before you do that, try this, navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom, look for Lightroom.exe
- Right click on the .exe file and then click on run as admin and see if LR opens or not.
Thank you for the guide but right now it shows MSVCR110.dll is missing from my computer. i was prompted to reinstall which i already did multiple times and it still shows the same thing. Is there any other way to solve it?
I have the same general problem with Lightroom CC. I am running Windows 10. Lightroom will not start up at all.and I have tried both signing out and then back in as well as renaming SlStore and SLCache. After reinstalling Lightroom (again!), it now shows as a trial version.
When is Adobe going to provide a proper fix for this bug? I am getting very frustrated and am considering dopping Adobe photographic products entirely. I am very technically savvy and have worked in the computer industry for a very long time.
Maybe you should try this! it worked for me . It was from the link sent by rohit.
This was posted by another user.
(1) First step was installing the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2012. I installed the (x64) version which applies to my 64 bit operating system.
(2) After restarting I verified that MSVCR110.dll was installed. I found it in the System32 folder where .dll files normally go.
File path: Computer >> OSDisk(C:) >> Windows >> System32
** Here's the problem! In 64 bit systems the MSVCR110.dll must also reside in the SysWOW64 folder as well. That's apparently where the Adobe Flash Installer is searching for the MSVCR110.dll file.
(3) I opened the SysWOW64 folder and verified that MSVCR110.dll was not there.
File path: Computer >> OSDisk(C:) >> Windows >> SysWOW64
(4) I opened both the System32 and SysWOW64 side by side and COPIED MSVCR110.dll from the System32 over to the SysWOW64 folder. So now BOTH folders have a copy.
(5) I retried installing Adobe Flash Installer and it worked!
Try repairing the microsoft visual and soon after you check the MSVCR is in both places, restart your system then reinstall using the link sent by rohit to download lightroom.
It worked for me now!
On the side note, thanks Rohit ! @rpandita
Hope this help anyone who faced the same problem as I do. Also, thank you for the stranger who posted the step by step guide.