2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2016 2:05 PM by andywarn

Unable to print in Lightroom

andywarn

I have a canon 6500 printer installed on my mac.  It is fully recognised and I can print from all programs including Adobe Photoshop CC.  However, I cannot print from Lightroom CC. It is completely greyed out.  I can print to file but cannot print directly to the printer.  Print settings are all fine and show the printer as being online.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer, restarted the mac, turned off and disconnected/reconnected the printer cable to no avail.  Any help would be much appreciatedP

• 1. Re: Unable to print in Lightroom
          Jao vdL Adobe Community Professional & MVP

How is it grayed out? Do you mean the "Print button?" That gets grayed out if you have selected JPEG file right below print Job in the panel on the right. Make sure that that is set to "Printer". You should be able to print to any printer that you have installed in the operating system. To get the best color you might have to play with settings and with the profiles but there should not be any problem printing to any printer that the OS can see.

• 2. Re: Unable to print in Lightroom
            andywarn Level 1

Hiya, thanks for the help, you have sorted my issue out.  Just as you said "jpeg file" was selected.  I must of knocked it onto this at some point by accident. 

Once again many thanks