1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 4, 2016 10:30 AM by m_vargas

Adobe Flash Player installation problem

katee28

Hello, I'm having a problem with installing Adobe Flash Player on my computer. I have OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 and I tried the installation even with the instructions for Mac but it still did not work. When I try to install it, suddenly it stops and there's written: The installation was unsuccessful, insufficient permissions to write to the disk. Could you please help me with this problem? Thank you

• 1. Re: Adobe Flash Player installation problem
          m_vargas Adobe Employee

Hi,

I'll need to get some log files from you to troubleshoot further.  Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? and provide all 4 files (install.log, FlashPlayerInstallManager.log, Adobe_ADM.log, and Adobe_GDE.log) listed.  Please read through the FAQ before doing anything and set up the system to capture the logs before running the installer.  This will ensure all logs are from the same installation attempt and will reduce the chance of having to go through the process multiple times.

When you have obtained all of the files upload them to cloud.acrobat.com using the The specified item was not found. instructions or some other file sharing service of your choice.  Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria