8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2016 1:19 PM by dj_paige

lightroom will not import cr2 files

DrBozKnocker

I am trying to import CR2 files into Lightroom and it says that "Some import operations were not performed. The following files were not imported because they could not be read" and then it lists the file name. I saw on the forum where this may be a read/write error, but I'm not sure where to go to change those settings. I'm using an iMac on the most recent OSX, and the most updated CC. I will be the first to admit that I'm not an expert with the product.

• 1. Re: lightroom will not import cr2 files
          dj_paige Level 9

You go to your operating system (Mac Finder) and change the permissions on the folder to READ&WRITE permission. Which folder? The folder specified in the Lightroom import dialog box under Destination.

• 2. Re: lightroom will not import cr2 files
            DrBozKnocker Level 1

It seems as though I may have a more complicated issue here. My external hard drive that I was trying to import everything to will not let me change the settings. It appears to be stuck on read only mode and I'm unable to change it. So this is definitely not a LR issue. When I switched it back to the local HD, the import worked fine. Thanks for the speedy reply!

• 3. Re: lightroom will not import cr2 files
              dj_paige Level 9

Was this a drive that at one point was used on a Windows computer?

• 4. Re: lightroom will not import cr2 files
                DrBozKnocker Level 1

No, I bought it specifically for use on this mac to backup RAW files imported into LR.

• 5. Re: lightroom will not import cr2 files
                  DonShreve

I have this problem, but the permissions to write solution didn't work. I even converted the CR2 files to DNG with the adobe DNG converter, synchronized my folder, and it initially recognizes the files, but upon selecting Import, it gives this same repeating error-

"Could not copy a file to the requested location. (322)

/Volumes/Archives1and3/RawArchiveIII/RawArchive3/RAW/Shreve_201609050291.dng

/Volumes/Archives1and3/RawArchiveIII/RawArchive3/RAW/Shreve_201609050292.dng

/Volumes/Archives1and3/RawArchiveIII/RawArchive3/RAW/Shreve_201609050293.dng

/Volumes/Archives1and3/RawArchiveIII/RawArchive3/RAW/Shreve_2016090502....."

I also deleted the permission .plist file with the same result.

I'm on MacOS 10.7.5 (the latest my 32 bit system will run), and using LR 5.7, the latest this OS will run.

I don't understand what changed to suddenly cause this problem, it worked fine last week.

• 6. Re: lightroom will not import cr2 files
                    dj_paige Level 9

"Could not copy" indicates permissions are not correct. If you have checked the permissions and changed them to write permission, then I suggest you have performed this action on the wrong folder. The Destination folder, as specified in the Lightroom Import dialog box, must have write permission.

The other problem that could possibly cause this is if the disk containing the Destination folder is full or nearly full.

• 7. Re: lightroom will not import cr2 files
                      DonShreve Level 1

Thank you. I did the permissions change to the correct folder  referenced in the catalog. The destination drive has 900GM of 2TB available. I did try to import to a newly created folder on another drive, and it worked. I suppose this is a workaround, but my workflow is set up to have all the files in the catalog located in a single folder.

Thanks for your response, and if I find success, I'll post the solution.

• 8. Re: lightroom will not import cr2 files
                        dj_paige Level 9

Please show us a screen capture of the Destination section of the Import dialog box. Also please show us a screen capture of the permissions on that exact folder.