3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2016 10:08 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I move a project from Premiere Elements to Premiere Pro

VDRAVES Level 1

I have completed two projects in Premiere Elements 10 and have since upgraded to Premiere Pro CC 2014.  Is there any way to bring the PE10 project into PP2014?  I do not necessarily want to make additional edits to the timeline but I am making additional copies onto Bluray and USB and my bluray burner is on a different computer from my PE10 install.

• 1. Re: How do I move a project from Premiere Elements to Premiere Pro
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Premiere Pro doesn't burn DVD and BluRay,  Encore CS6 does.

It is not likely that your Premiere Elements 10 project will open in Premiere Pro CC.

Can you burn a BluRay image of it with Premiere Elements 10 and put that image on the computer with the BluRay burner and burn the image to a disc?

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Sharing to DVD or Blu-ray Disc

• 2. Re: How do I move a project from Premiere Elements to Premiere Pro
            VDRAVES Level 1

How do I burn a BluRay image in PE10 using the disc menu created in PE10?

• 3. Re: How do I move a project from Premiere Elements to Premiere Pro
              A.T. Romano Level 7

VDRAVES

There is no burn to Blu-ray ISO Image in Premiere Elements 10.

The burn to Blu-ray ISO Image option was introduced into Premiere Elements 13/13.1 (it is a flawed process related to the size of the iso file generated by Premiere Elements 13/13.1), but the Premiere Elements 14/14.1 burn to Blu-ray ISO Image option works.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 13: ISO Image File Size Issue

Not sure what you mean by

How do I burn a BluRay image in PE10 using the disc menu created in PE10?

A Premiere Elements project is created, menu applied, and then burn to Blu-ray ISO Image in the program (14 at this time).

The iso file resulting will include the disc menu incorporated into the characteristic structure of the Blu-ray disc format (BDMV Folder).

You could also consider using the Phantom Burner in conjunction with Premiere Elements 10 to generate a Blu-ray iso image. But what computer operating system? More to be discussed.

You may or may not be able to open a Premiere Elements 10 project file in Premiere Pro CC.

According the following Adobe document, you can, but Windows Only.

Premiere Pro CC supported file formats

What is your computer operating system? If Windows, have you tried it? Since you have both products, you will have the best answer for that.

Interestingly, you have been referred to an Adobe document about Sharing DVD and Blu-ray disc. The document says that it applies to Adobe Premiere Elements 12. Yet the information in the document includes Blu-ray ISO Image which was not available in 12. So, please read the details in the document guardedly since your program is Premiere Elements 10.

Please consider. We can discuss this matter in the morning morning. I will revisit your thread then.

Thank you.

ATR