0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2016 11:17 AM by Allen14

Audio cuts out before video ends

Allen14

I have recently encountered a problem with Premiere Elements 12 running on a Mac with Yosemite.  This is a new computer and I found that the clips I import into the editor result in truncated audio about 2/3 of the way into the clip.  Thinking the problem might be the new computer and OS, I tried the files on my older computer which runs OS 10.6.8 and on which I have successfully edited video in Premiere Elements 12 for the past two years.  But the same thing happens on this computer and OS.

I've noticed that Adobe can update the advertisement you get while waiting for the program to load.  I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I'm wondering if the company can do that, could it also sabotage the program to make you buy the newest version?

But any solutions to my audio problem would be appreciated.  The video clips which I am importing into the editor are from Panasonic cameras (FZ-200 and LX-100).  I just updated to Premiere Elements 12.1 on advice of another forum member.  But the problem remains.  And I am doing nothing differently than the previous times that I have used this program. The camera settings are the same as I previous used as well.

AM