7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2016 1:43 PM by Just Shoot Me

Where is Save As in LIghtroom

wefollow Level 1

Hello,

After work on the picture, want to Save As from Lightroom.....couldn't find it.

So what I do Edit in Photoshop and Save As ...

Then I have to Import from Lightroom to see......Is there easy way to save.......

Happy New Year n thank you for reading

• 1. Re: Where is Save As in LIghtroom
          Per Berntsen Adobe Community Professional

There is no Save or Save as in LR because the original file is never changed - the edits are automatically saved to the catalog.

If you need a copy of the file, select the file in Library and click Export.

You'll find all the options you need in the export dialog, like image size, color space, sharpening, etc.

• 2. Re: Where is Save As in LIghtroom
            wefollow Level 1

When I Reset the image then it will go back to original file?

• 3. Re: Where is Save As in LIghtroom
              Per Berntsen Adobe Community Professional

If you click Reset in Develop, all the sliders will be reset to default, and you'll be back where you started when you first imported the image.

I dont't think that's what you want to do?

I can understand that not being able to save may seem strange at first, but that's how Lightroom works - edits are saved automatically to the catalog.

And unless you need a copy for a purpose, like posting on the web or printing, you don't have to do anything.

If you just want to look at the image, you can do that in Lightroom.

• 4. Re: Where is Save As in LIghtroom
                Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

You need to buy a book and view some of the online tutorials for how LR works and how to work in LR. Doing both will save you a bunch of headaches and allow you to be extremely productive.

If you make edits on an image and then want to send that image with the edits you have done you then Export that image to burn in, Apply, those edits to the exported version. Otherwise LR never touches the original image. It only displays the edits you have made while you are viewing that image in LR. If you view that same image with some other image viewing software it will be the original image without any edits

• 5. Re: Where is Save As in LIghtroom
                  wefollow Level 1

I've doing that using Export but I though there was short cut..thank you

Do you know any  article about Catalog from Lighroom,   I doing Ok with Lightroom but need to understand Catalog then I will be very comfortable with Lightroom.

again thank for you advice

• 6. Re: Where is Save As in LIghtroom

Adobe TV has some very good online tutorial and also Google JKost Blog for others. I'd post links but then this post would get moderated for content. Google is your friend.

• 7. Re: Where is Save As in LIghtroom

wefollow wrote:

I've doing that using Export but I though there was short cut..thank you

Do you know any  article about Catalog from Lighroom,   I doing Ok with Lightroom but need to understand Catalog then I will be very comfortable with Lightroom.

again thank for you advice

The catalog file is just a Database file that stores references to your images. Your images are never IN LR. LR doesn't move or copy them unless you specifically ask/tell it to do so when importing them or after importing them by manually moving them in the Library module. LR also never touches the original files.